ladies 45 and over advice please

Options
Hey ladies, I was hoping to get some help please. I am going through the "CHANGE" just starting and I am having trouble getting the weight off in fact I am gaining weight. Have any of you gone through this and if so what did you do to get the weight to start coming off. I am really starting to get discouraged right now and I need something so as of today I'm going to workout twice a day and start taking class at the local gym, like bellydancing and zumba.
Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Replies

• milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I went into immediate menopause after a radical hysterectomy. All I can say is that you have to really watch what you eat and work out regularly in order to lose. I've noticed for me that I have to eat loads of fresh fruit and veg along with working out at least 4 times a week.
  • pelleld
    pelleld Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 and believe I am in the middle of "the change". I was able to lose my weight despite this and I believe it is the exercise that helped the most. I think its helped my symptoms too, very little in the way of hot flashes, no weight gain (in fact am now 7 pounds below goal). For me, keeping moving is the key............. Feel free to friend me if you want :)
  • 58twister
    Options
    I am 53 and totally understand what your going through...I was told that if you fill half of your dinner plate with veggies 1/4 with 3 oz. of meat and 1/4 with a starch you can get past the plateau. Also If you are at Ft Polk my daughter teaches an aerobic belly dancing class at Cantrell fitness Ctr. and it's a lot of fun. Hope to see You there.
    Barbara
  • schobert101
    schobert101 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    You don't do anything different than anyone else really. WIthout being diligent it is common for women to gain weight around the time of menopause but with hard work, diet, exercise it doesn't have to be that way. I have to work really hard at it but currently at the same weight I was in college. I"m 58 now.
  • imcsqrd
    imcsqrd Posts: 32
    Options
    The biggest thing that has helped me is to exercise to jack the metabolism up. The change causes that to slow down and we don't burn calories like we used to. Finding MFP was a blessing to me for the calorie insight - watch what you eat! I was amazed at how much I was actually eating when I thought I was doing "so good". There's also a supplement regimen I started a little over a month ago that is naturally (and slowly) helping my efforts. Biggest thing for me is patience and seeing others here overcome keeps me motivated that I'll get there as well. Friend me if you want and we'll work our way through together :)