Question

Options
Okay, here's the dealio. Through dieting, and portion control, I have lost 43 lbs. But I still have a ways to go, so I have incorporated a gym membership and workouts as well. I workout in the gym Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and walk 6 miles a day on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Since doing my Monday workout... first off, I'm sore to the core - pecs, abs, lats, arms, legs, and glutes. I expected that. But I've actually GAINED weight since Monday. And that sucks.

I know that many say, "Muscle weighs more than fat." I get the premise - but I sort of feel like this; which is heavier? A pound of feathers, or a pound of rocks? A pound is a pound in my book. Just saying. So maybe muscle is more dense, and weighs more. But I haven't developed THAT MUCH muscle in three days. And right now, my muscles are hurting like a MOFO, so I know I did some "damage." (Good damage, not bad damage.)

I would like to know if anyone has any kind of knowledge of how the toxins given off in working out affect weight gain (fluid retention, etc.) I'm sticking to a strict diet. If I go over my calories, I'm working out commensurate with that, so that I compensate for the extra calories. I'm eating UBBER healthy. Need so advice!!

Replies