Body Wraps

Options
Has anyone tried body wraps IN ADDITION to working out and dieting?? Someone mentioned them to me today and Im wondering if they really work...

Replies

• ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    My hubby used to do them when he was a massage therapist. They do work to reduce inches, mostly by tightening and firming the skin. Some that are less reliable you loose water weight through dehydration. Those result will be more drastic, but they will be gone much quicker. With body wraps, you do kind of have to commit to the full treatment- getting it done every 6-8 months as you loose weight from diet and exercise. The real benefit is that it helps your skin tighten and firm and not have that saggy empty look from loosing weight quickly.
  • kneeki
    kneeki Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Sounds like an expensive waste of money. -.-
  • brbetha01
    brbetha01 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I did one before my wedding and I did lose about 2-3 lbs and some size off of my thighs/stomach but that was the water weight, no doubt. You sweat like CRAZY in those things. It was nice for a quick loss for events such as that, though.
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Sounds like an expensive waste of money. -.-

Most of them are ridiculously over priced and results are over-promised. But if you have a friend who needs someone to practice on, they're not bad. They cost under $20 to do, so I wouldn't pay more than $60 for one.
  • shelbygeorge29
    shelbygeorge29 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    They are a lovely indulgence and they make your skin feel absolutely divine. It is by far my favorite spa treatment. However, they are not a long-term weight loss/management solution.