Best earbuds to run with?

Options
looking for opinions on the best earbuds to purchase so I can run with them without the sacrifice of good sound and having to adjust them every other mile ... anyone have any suggestions?

Replies

• fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Good luck. Every pair I have tried fall out. I bought some "behind the ear clip" kind and they stay in but the sound is terrible.

Edit: let me rephrase. The sound isn't terrible, it just isn't the same as having the music blasted in my ear canal like I prefer...
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I've never found earbuds that stay in once I start sweating. I have a couple pairs of the over-the-head style, and 1 pair that wraps over your ear. Sound is good enough in both.
  • CaleighAnn
    Options
    I use the marshmallow ear buds and they never fall out while I am running, they shape to your ear like ear plugs. I absolutely love them
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I use the marshmallow ear buds and they never fall out while I am running, they shape to your ear like ear plugs. I absolutely love them

I use these too, and haven't had any problems yet.
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    bump

I'm yet to find the right pair although I hear Sony makes some of the better earbuds for running / working out.
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I have a solution for you all - there's a product on the market called yurbuds. NO I do not work for them, but I've heard of them, purchased them and LOVE them! Clear sound, soft feel, and they don't fall out.

I do find they work better with IPod ear buds specifically. One pair of buds I have are a little too small for the Yurbuds to fit over and fall off.

Just to explain - yurbuds are custom fit little plastic pieces you slip over your buds to make them stay in place.

http://www.yurbuds.com/ but unfortunately it looks like the site is down right now.
  • pilotgirl2007
    pilotgirl2007 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I hace a cheap pair of philips ear buds and they are GREAT for the price. I don't have a problem with them falling out and I even ran them through the wash and the dryer and they STILL work! Can't beat that for $10!
  • SRGutierrez
    Options
    I use puresound & I got them from Costco. Kinda expensive but the best I've used. Great sound, great bass, stay in your ear & even come with an extension cord, oh the best thing it's breaded cord so no sticks.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Sony MDREX58V if you're not using a later generation iPod.

Sony MDREX38IP if you are.

SUPER comfortable. Identical besides the in line controls. Best Buy has both, though I've seen the MDREX38IP on buy.com for less.

Finished a half marathon in late June with no slipping. Hope this helps.
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    "Skullcandy" ear buds....seriously, look no further...these work perfectly :smile:
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I'm yet to find the right pair although I hear Sony makes some of the better earbuds for running / working out.
    I've got a pair of sony's that were recommended to me by a runner... more bass than the other headphones I've used, but still don't stay in my ears.
  • Brownski860
    Brownski860 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    total BUMP.... I went jogging recently with my earbuds that wrap aroundthe back of the ear.... b/c of all the sweat, they kept sliding off..... soooooo annoying!
  • olo567
    olo567 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    "Skullcandy" ear buds....seriously, look no further...these work perfectly :smile:

I use Skullcandy, but now only with the Comply Foam tips. They sit in my ear very well and don't fall out. They do eventually wear out after a month or so, but buying more tips is fairly inexpensive.
  • lclarkjr
    lclarkjr Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I love my Yurbuds. Never had a problem with them falling out like every other earbuds I've used. I sweat a lot and the Yurbuds stay in, even while running marathon distance.
  • jrn1115
    jrn1115 Posts: 35
    Options
    skullcandy earbuds work very well while running. they stay in for me the only problem i face is that it becomes extremely uncomfortable when sweat gets into my ear so i take them out and dry both the buds and my ears off
  • uniquesoul73
    uniquesoul73 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Try Zippearz
    Here is a link: http://bit.ly/oFinrW
  • Snoopy72
    Snoopy72 Posts: 25
    Options
    Thank you all so much for responding .. I"m going to look into the yurbuds and skull candy and this other site here zippearz .... I have the regular ipod ones and man when we run here in Iraq at 0500 the sun is already up and by 0530 its in the 80's so we are sweating and I truly think that my sweat gets into the earbud and the sound goes to caca!!! guys here have the bose and the dre beats but wow that's expensive stuff to get sweaty ... I was looking for more reasonable than 100+ dollar buds ... you guys rock
  • hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    whenever i run im wearing a pair of these

http://www.target.com/p/Philips-Magnavox-Secure-Fit-Earbuds/-/A-10654449

6.99 at target they fit around your entire ear and never fall out.

hope this helps.
  • ksandy1224
    ksandy1224 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I use the Skullcandy Titan's, retail around $40 but got them through Amazon for $27. I don't run, but they set so well in your ear that I cannot imagine that they would fall out. And the sound is fantastic and they're great for noise reduction. With that said, you will not hear any approaching traffic, so if outside, beware!