The mirror and the camera!?!

Does anyone else have this same thing???

When I look in the mirror I see myself....so thats good cos it would be a helluva shock if I saw someone else lol!

But when I see a photo I look a lot bigger and different???....maybe it is someone else...spooooooky???

I recently went away for the weekend and had some photos that I have just looked at and I look loads bigger than I see myself in the mirror. I was only 2lbs heavier than I am now...go figure!!!

Today I was on the Kinect and did some snapshots during the game and I looked huge :sad:

Replies

• Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    I feel the same way! The way i look in the mirror to me is usually not bad- I'm ok with it. But then I see myself in a photo and im like what the heck? where did that come from??
  • dcbella
    dcbella Posts: 45
    agree...
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Yep! The mirror has feelings, the camera doesn't! :tongue:
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Being a photographer... unless you have just the right circumstances, the camera will always make you look bigger. And this is with anyone...
  • naesue
    naesue Posts: 401 Member
    I've always wondered if I had body dismorphic disorder only in opposite. Instead of seeing myself as fat I always see myself as a lot thinner then I am! There are so many times that I will look at someone and be like wow look at how big they are I am smaller then that then I see a pic of myself and realize that I am just as big as that person if not bigger! I think that is why I let myself get as big as I am now cause I always thought that I wasn't that big. Now I know I am that big and I need to just keep working at it.
  • Yup, I'm totally with you on that! And don't even get me started on how I look in video!!! Yikes!
  • mackemshazza
    mackemshazza Posts: 87 Member
    I wouldn't worry, in the mirror you can move about see yourself getting into your best angle in sort of 3D, the camera just takes a flat and unflattering picture regardless of your pose (unless you crack exactly which angle to give it).

You are happy with what you see in the mirror and that's how everyone else sees you so forget the camera - they are evil anyway, I always look like 20lbs more in photos.

:smokin:
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Or different mirrors! I've got one in my bedroom on the back of my door... I know what that looks like. But then, I started Zumba at a new studio with a wall of mirrors... They don't love me like my mirror loves me... :sad: (Not sure if it's been good motivation to keep plugging away or a reason to not ever go back so I don't have to look at myself in those again...)
  • _Corinne_
    _Corinne_ Posts: 188 Member
    i feel your pain! hang in there!
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Being a photographer... unless you have just the right circumstances, the camera will always make you look bigger. And this is with anyone...

So what circumstances do I need??? Please, please tell me so I can go with them and have a nice photo :-)))
  • Slinkybaz
    Slinkybaz Posts: 312 Member

So what circumstances do I need??? Please, please tell me so I can go with them and have a nice photo :-)))

Would the right circumstances be losing 20 pounds between looking in the mirror and having your pic taken? I think that may work
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976

Would the right circumstances be losing 20 pounds between looking in the mirror and having your pic taken? I think that may work

Oh Silnkybaz that is soooooo harsh roflmao!
  • Slinkybaz
    Slinkybaz Posts: 312 Member
    Don't wear that floor out love - we're using it for the photoshoot

Oh Silnkybaz that is soooooo harsh roflmao!
  • ceirawillsucceed
    ceirawillsucceed Posts: 519 Member
    i completely agree with this.i got my hair cut a few months ago looked in the mirror thought it looked great and that i looked better after losing weight as well. i got my partner to take a photo and was going to put it on my profile but when i saw it i was so sad. i felt it didnt look how i saw myself so i didnt put it on my profile.