Diet Pills

Options
2»

Replies

• robinso5
    robinso5 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Thankyou for everyone's concern, Hm. I never mentioned I wanted to take the big ole' bad diet pills the ones that I was on about were the herbal pills or the caffeine ones, I don't know much about them and I was asking for information, not a lecture.
    I do not have to explain my actions to anyone, I was after some answers from the people who have experience with them.
    No, I am not asking for a magic formula. Did I say that?
    Did I ask for illegal pills?
    Did I ask for meth? Whatever that had to do with anything, I really don't know
    And I didn't ask if they were dangerous.
    I already work out 5/6 days a week and keep in my calorie limit everyday. So this is not about trying harder, as I try hard every single day.
    So if you haven't got an answer for me to my question, then your comments/lectures are not wanted here. Thank you.
    Girl they tear people a new one when they hear about diet pills and such! I would say take some b12 supplements from gnc or dollar general (where i get mine from)! Sorry they were mean to you!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I've tried some of these during my young and stupid phase. Most of these pills are useless junk designed to merely part desperate, overweight people from their money. Some of the ones you order online will not stop charging your credit card once you try to cancel, which proves they are a scam. The ones that claim to be made from Hoodia, usually have such a small amount of the real thing, they do no good anyway.

The ones that do work can raise your heart rate to dangerous levels which is how they raise your metabolism. They can also ruin your organs. I remember the whole Fen-Phen fiasco and that drug combination was doctor prescribed. It ruined so many lives, it's horrifying to contemplate.

I guess I need to ask... if you already have your mind made up, then why ask a bunch of strangers for their opinions? Go find a green tea supplement if you want something herbal. Try chromium piccolinate or cinnamon. But don't be surprised when they don't do anything more than the dieting and exercise you're already doing.
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    My post about meth was meant to highlight issues of efficacy and unwanted side effects. It was also meant to highlight the ridiculous nature of wanting a drug to fix the rate of loss problem. I can't count how many formerly accepted weight loss aids are now banned due to lack of safety or side effects like speed. Cuz that's what they were, which makes the meth analogy even more pertinent.

You didn't see my points and that's fine. Do as you wish as you would have anyway.
  • spyork
    spyork Posts: 187
    Options
    Hi,

If you want to speed up your motabalism eat 5-6 small meals a day and you could try strong black coffee before you train, if you have reached a road block/platue in your training change things around, duration, intensity, the excercises that you do, try lifting more weight or try different excercises to work your muscles in a different way and shock them into working hard again. Without knowing what you are doing it is hard to give good advice but add me as a friend and i will help you all i can.

Cheers
    Scott
  • MHackrott
    MHackrott Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thankyou for everyone's concern, Hm. I never mentioned I wanted to take the big ole' bad diet pills the ones that I was on about were the herbal pills or the caffeine ones, I don't know much about them and I was asking for information, not a lecture.
    I do not have to explain my actions to anyone, I was after some answers from the people who have experience with them.
    I already work out 5/6 days a week and keep in my calorie limit everyday. So this is not about trying harder, as I try hard every single day.
    So if you haven't got an answer for me to my question, then your comments/lectures are not wanted here. Thank you.
    Girl they tear people a new one when they hear about diet pills and such! I would say take some b12 supplements from gnc or dollar general (where i get mine from)! Sorry they were mean to you!

No one was being mean just honest...illegal "recreational" drugs have the same side effects and some legal over the counter pills are used in production of illegal "recreational" drugs that was her reasoning...
  • SRGutierrez
    Options

I'm sorry for "lecturing" but that was my opinion. In the end you will do whatever it is you want to do, no matter what anyones opinion is or information is given to you....so in retrospect you shouldn't ask for anyone's advise just do as you please.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    tape-worms.jpg

I've heard that these ones work! Though they do have some pesky side effects.