Started Atkins diet style regime

Options
I just joined MFP a couple of days ago on the recomendation of a friend who has lost 24lbs in 7 months. I decided to try Atkins (Again) as have tried it a few years ago and it helped me lose weight pretty quickly. I hope to use this method again and then try to adapt my diet to keep control of the calories with MFP.
Any views on Atkins would be welcome.
I know the best advice is do not crash diet and all "diets" are fads but I want to see some quick results if possible then I hope to get into a better and more balanced approach to how I eat and drink.
My friend suggested portion control, just use a smaller dinner plate. It might sound simplistic but it does seem to help me a bit

Replies

• Vickilick
    Vickilick Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I've never been a fan of the Atkins diet myself. I find it really difficult to have no carbs for for first few weeks. But I do think a lot of poeple dont realise they dont need to eat as much as they do, especially carbs.
  • runnerjenn0708
    runnerjenn0708 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I agree with the portion control .... I'm a carb kinda gal, so can't give those up completely .. Good luck!!
  • traklaw
    traklaw Posts: 7
    Options
    Thanks for the support. Love my carbs too but need to make a start here and Atkins is as good a start as any, I suppose
  • traklaw
    traklaw Posts: 7
    Options
    I agree, I ordered Dover Sole with a butter sauce for lunch today and the waiter had to ask twice if I wanted this with "nothing at all"