Need Playlist Suggestions (rock/punk/metal etc)

Options
I need some music suggestions to add to my workout playlist, I'm getting bored listening to the same thing everyday. I listen to all kinds of rock music (LOVE PUNK & METAL), preferably something fast to keep me going strong and not anything like Nickelback or Breaking Benjamin LoL (No offense to others who listen to them, I just don't care for them!!!). Can you suggest anything for me?! Any replies would be greatly appreciated! :)

Replies

• luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    The music that gets me pumped is White Zombie! (or Rob Zombie) I like Marilyn Manson too! Linkin Park is awesome and so is stuff from Blink 182, Off Spring and the older bands like that. There is a song I love from Foster the People called Pumped up Kicks that I like to play when I am working out on the elliptical...it's a happy song with a cool beat!
  • tulipsrbetter
    Options
    Those are all my favorites!!!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I generally like to workout to dance music, but Dethklok (I know, its a joke band, but its still awesome) is almost entirely good to work out to, Mastodon's blood mountain and also what I have heard of their new album are also good. I imagine strapping young lad is just because Gene Hoglin was the drummer for that band as well as Dethklok. Maybe anything he drums for.

I strongly prefer high BPM music for working out.
  • sixxx
    sixxx Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Metal head here!

Honestly, Amon Amarth (if you like that kinda metal, Youtube them!) is the BEST band to work out too, upbeat, strong, powerful, and never boring!
  • GettingFitterVicki
    GettingFitterVicki Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    For me to get energised it's kickstart my heart by motley Crüe it just gets me!

Have you heard halestorm they're brilliant, YouTube them :)
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Of prometheus and the crucifix - Trivium
    The decieved - Trivium
    Shockwave - Black Tide
    Map of the problematique - Muse
    Disappear - BFMV
    Streetcar - Funeral for a friend
    Yeah, you - Bif naked
    Out of control - Hoobastank
    Cry for eternity - Dragonforce
    Self vs self ft. In flames - Pendulum
    Buried alive by love - HIM
    Shinobi vs. Dragon ninja - Lostprophets
    Coheed and cambria - Welcome home
  • IronSmasher
    Options
    For me to get energised it's kickstart my heart by motley Crüe it just gets me!

Have you heard halestorm they're brilliant, YouTube them :)

Do you mean alestorm? They are brilliant!

Shipwrecked - Alestorm
  • IronSmasher
    Options
    I generally like to workout to dance music, but Dethklok (I know, its a joke band, but its still awesome) is almost entirely good to work out to, Mastodon's blood mountain and also what I have heard of their new album are also good. I imagine strapping young lad is just because Gene Hoglin was the drummer for that band as well as Dethklok. Maybe anything he drums for.

I strongly prefer high BPM music for working out.

I used to run to SYL's album - City, way back in the day
  • GettingFitterVicki
    GettingFitterVicki Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I do mean Halestorm :) I love this cover but they do loads more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ96FHEEI7k&sns=em
  • tulipsrbetter
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the replies!!! I'm downloading a lot of these right now!
  • hna84
    hna84 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    If you have an iPhone you can go to the iTunes app and search for something called motion traxx...it's like this crazy fitness podcast station with all different BPMs and it's free :happy: