A Different Kind of Motivation

Options
I was talking to some folks who work in our other office and they came up with a pretty interesting summer challenge.
Each member of the group sets their own personal fitness goal. Challenging but attainable for 3 months.
Then they write a check to a charity or organization they DO NOT support (an amount that won't kill their budget, but would be sad to lose)
They gave the checks to each other in stamped envelopes.
They have weekly check-ins over coffee each week.
If your goal is achieved, at the last meeting, you get to tear up your own check over a glass of wine, otherwise, you watch your partners dump your check into the big blue mailbox on the street.

Pretty clever, I thought.

Replies

• cabul3
    cabul3 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    clever, yes!
    altho i would still prefer to write a cheque to a charity that i DO support....
  • mandimoore617
    mandimoore617 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    That's definitely clever! Too bad there isn't a way to do this online. And doing it to a charity you DON'T support is better than doing it to one you DO. If it's one you support, you won't care nearly as much if that check gets sent off... if it's one you don't support, then you REALLY don't want it to get sent.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I like it!
  • BRISAjustAltered
    BRISAjustAltered Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    love it!
  • duqtape
    duqtape Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    That's definitely clever! Too bad there isn't a way to do this online. And doing it to a charity you DON'T support is better than doing it to one you DO. If it's one you support, you won't care nearly as much if that check gets sent off... if it's one you don't support, then you REALLY don't want it to get sent.

The point exactly...