Not really new-but new to posting

roc67
roc67 Posts: 4 Member
edited October 1 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone,
I had tried MFP plus every other diet before but had never stuck to anything for more than 3 weeks since I never saw any results. This time, I decided to give it another shot- and I have been tracking my food intake diligently for the past 30 days. I am fairly active and exercise about 3x/week. I have kept my net caloric intake at 1200 and have not seen any change at all-not in inches, not in weight. I tried increasing to 1300 and promptly saw an increase in my weight! Also when I exercise more my weight jumped 2 lbs in a day. I know it was probably because I drank more water, but those 2 lbs are still with me 1 week later. I am 5 feet, and my weight hovers between 132-134, so am hoping to lose around 10-15 lbs, which I thought was reasonable. I have seen how a lot of folks have been encouraging each other on MFP and giving advice, and am wondering if anyone out there has any for me?
Thanks and congratulations to all who have made the effort to live healthier!

Replies

• Vickilick
    Vickilick Posts: 81 Member
    What kind of foods are you eating and what kind of exercise are you doing?
  • Maybe your weighing too often...? Add more lean protein, whole grains, fresh fruit & veggies to your diet & vigorous exercise, more often. You should def see a difference within a week. Stay away from processed foods/sugar, regardless of the calorie count. Also try adding green tea into your diet & make sure you're drinking enough water. That's my advice :) Good luck! Oh & P90x rocks!! ;)
  • roc67
    roc67 Posts: 4 Member
    I pretty much eat whatever I want, just in small amounts. Trying to cut carbs, and can't seem to get in enough protein. I guess the big problem is that I don't cook (no time, or talent), so i eat a lot of readily available food, and I eat out a lot. I even tried myfit foods which was ready to eat prepared food, no results. I do personal training for 30mins, with cardio for 30mins, 2-3x/wk. I'm thinking of trying to eat only frozen meals next week- like lean cuisine so I know for sure how much I take in. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.