Cooking myself thin

Options
So I originally joined MFP nearly a year ago and since then have been using it on and off just to monitor my calories, but without a set diet plan I never really made any progress. About a month ago I decided to try the 'cook yourself thin' diet, which is less of a diet and more about teaching you the right portions you should be eating.
The diet is going really well and since Ive managed to stick to it I decided maybe I should be a bit more sociable and post on the forums here.
I mostly use the MFP app on my phone throughout the day to monitor my calories and the whole things has made it a lot easier to calorie count, but also keep and eye on my daily allowences.
I'm looking forward to getting to know some people that when you tell them "I'm on a diet", they give you advice rather then the typical "you dont need a diet, you look fine" reply.

Replies

• SuperScrabbleGirl
    SuperScrabbleGirl Posts: 310 Member
    Options

I'm looking forward to getting to know some people that when you tell them "I'm on a diet", they give you advice rather then the typical "you dont need a diet, you look fine" reply.
    Argh! I hate that. I get that all the time.

Have you got any good recipes from cooking more?
  • crystalmichelle82
    Options
    yah i hear that all the time. You dont need a diet blah blah. I was talking to a co-worker yesterday and another co-worker overheard me say the word "diet" and she said "you dont need a diet". I said simply that i use the term b/c its simpler than saying my nutritional plan. Because i plan out my days everyday. I used to not do that and I could not shake off the belly chub and the muffin top. Now its gone like a freight train and i am happy about my pics. Gonna be uploading 90 day pics here shortly. Eating clean and healthy never felt better! This is not dieting, this is eating good and right. We are fueling our bodies the right way!
  • tonyalenore
    tonyalenore Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    That is similar to what I have been doing. I've had myfittnesspal for my phone for a while, and rarely come on the forums. I initially made progress, but I have kinda stalled lately - even though it tells me I will weigh less "in 5 weeks" at the end of each day. I'll send you a friend request, the diet sounds interesting
  • Vickilick
    Vickilick Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    rosalindphyllis: Yeah I have some recipies! Ive always cooked a lot since I wasnt raised on microwave meals or takeaways. What kind of recipies do you like? My favourite atm is a chicken and mushrooms risotto, I think its the white wine in it that really gives it a kick.

crystalpaul: I think if I was to use the term 'nutritinal plan' at my work my collegues would screw their faces up. I plan my meals by week so I can cook them in bulk and freeze them if im having a lazy day, better then coming home and grabbing a bag of crisps.
  • SuperScrabbleGirl
    SuperScrabbleGirl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I wish I could eat risotto. I'm cutting out rice and pasta because I can't exercise portion control with them. The last time I made a risotto (waaaay before I started healthy eating) was about a year ago and it had about three different types of cheese in it. Crazy.

If you come across any good vegetarian recipes, let me know!
  • Vickilick
    Vickilick Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    tonyalenore: Feel free to add me and I'll tell you anything you want to know about the diet :)

rosalindphyllis: The risotto I have is only 495 calories and packed full of flavour. I find mushrooms seem to be added into eveything I eat too. You could do a similar recipe to the one i eat I think. The recipe has lots of red onion and courgette in already so you could just add more. Then use vegtable stock to flavour it along with some white wine. Then it was served with salad on the side, to keep the calories low, but to fill you up if youre a bit more hungry. I was stuffed after.