What is C25k

Options
Keep seeing it but no idea where it is or what it is?

Replies

• Run4UrHealth
    Run4UrHealth Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Couch to 5k....it is a site for beginner runners or to train for a 5k run. Google C25k and it will show you a schedule of what to do each week. It does walk/jog intervals and I have been amazed at how long I run in just 2 weeks. :)
  • akgrl1020
    akgrl1020 Posts: 179
    Options
    couch to 5k, it is an app or program to train from a couch potato to running a 5k :-) Great app!
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Cough to 5k....it is a site for beginner runners or to train for a 5k run. Google C25k and it will show you a schedule of what to do each week. It does walk/jog intervals and I have been amazed at how long I run in just 2 weeks. :)

couch not cough
  • worldhurdler
    worldhurdler Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    It's a running program call Couch to 5k (5 kilomoters). Lots of people use it to accomplish their first 5k run! It gives you specific workouts to build up speed and stamina.
  • SusanneWhittington
    SusanneWhittington Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    couch to 5 k you can look it up under www.c25k.com
  • Run4UrHealth
    Options
    Cough to 5k....it is a site for beginner runners or to train for a 5k run. Google C25k and it will show you a schedule of what to do each week. It does walk/jog intervals and I have been amazed at how long I run in just 2 weeks. :)

couch not cough

sorry...that was a typo...i think everybody knows what I meant!
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    If you have an iPhone get the 'GetRunning' app. It'll give you audible cues for when to start running or start walking.
  • Run4UrHealth
    Options
    If you have an iPhone get the 'GetRunning' app. It'll give you audible cues for when to start running or start walking.

I use my free C25k app with my Pandora radio and the music pauses for each interval.
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    The answer is "Couch to 5K" - it's this magical thing that downloads to your phone or some other apparatus...it teaches you how to run...it's like super smart and stuff.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options

I use my free C25k app with my Pandora radio and the music pauses for each interval.

This is the way to go. Did it on Android, didn't pay anything for the apps.