Gaining weight while eating clean!! HELP

Options
Weight is (was 271) Tuesday morning and weighed today Wednesday up 1 lb (272)
Male 35 5'10"
Tuesdays meal's

3 cups black coffe ( I know it's a lot)
4 scrambled large eggs pepper only (used spam to cook)
Lunch
Dry ham sandwhich
1 serving ham 60Cal 2 grams fat
1 serving cheese 70 cal
2 slices whole grain bread 80 calories for both peices
Dinner
4 Tilapia Fillets skillet cooked with (spam olive oil o everything)
12 oz. of Green beans
1 diet citrus green tea
10 glasses of water throughout the day

I just had surgery on my foot so I can not work out for another week so I am starting with just low calories low carbs to try and start cutting the weight. I was shocked to see the scale had gone up this is the second day in a row. The day before was the same food except I had Protein shack instead of eggs 52 grams of protein 8 grams of fat and I went from 270.2 to 271 on the scale. I always seem to do this so I always just give up. I have been taking all the vitamins (multi vita) Any advise would be great .

Replies

• wanttogetskinny
    Options
    You didn't gain a lb of fat in day, because it's impossible unless you ate 3500 calories extra.

It's water.

Don't stress out over it. Most people fluctuate 2-6lbs from day to day. 1lb is nothing. You aren't really gaining weight, you're holding water...try increasing your water intake to help flush your system. Make sure to get your fiber, and watch the sodium.
  • psychmz3
    psychmz3 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    DON'T WEIGH IN DAILY. Of course you weight is going to fluctuate. Weigh in once a week on the same day at the same time.

Also, it doesn't matter how clean you eat. As long as you are at a deficit you will lose weight. Of course eating clean has obvious health benefits though.
  • jonikeffer
    jonikeffer Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Weighing yourself from one day to the next will never give you an accurate picture of what your weight is actually doing. Your weight will change every single day, and can even go UP AFTER you go to the bathroom! I would highly recommend not weighing yourself daily, especially if it is going to make you give up on your efforts. Weight yourself once a week, in the morning, naked. There are a lot of things that will make you retain water and that can add several pounds to your number.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Male 35 5'10"
    Tuesdays meal's

Lunch
    Dry ham sandwhich
    1 serving cheese 70 cal
    Dinner
    12 oz. of Green beans
    1 diet citrus green tea

I just had surgery on my foot so I can not work out for another week so I am starting with just low calories low carbs to try and start cutting the weight. I was shocked to see the scale had gone up this is the second day in a row. The day before was the same food except I had Protein shack instead of eggs 52 grams of protein 8 grams of fat and I went from 270.2 to 271 on the scale. I always seem to do this so I always just give up. I have been taking all the vitamins (multi vita) Any advise would be great .

The bread, ham, Pam and olive oil cooking sprays are not exactly clean eating............neither is the diet citrus green tea (especially the Lipton brand with aspartame) in the ingredients.

Most clean eaters have a higher fat, moderate protein and lower carb eating plan due to bread being a processed food.

Processed = not clean eating.
  • ScoutMom1
    Options
    don't weigh every day.
  • mazza2marilyn
    Options
    you are weighing yourself to often, everyones weight flutuates, you should only weigh in once a week.
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating? Looks like a lot, maybe you need to decrease quantities. I agree with everyone else too, don't weigh everyday. It will make you crazy and your body is going to go up and down everyday. Good Luck.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    set your food tracker to track sodium? you might be getting more than you think - and drink 2 liters of water or more each day. Now I'm gonna play 'mom' and ask (like I would my kids) are you eliminating regularly? Could be you just need to go to the bathroom
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Your weight is going to move around slightly (a window of up to 5lbs) from day to day, but that does not necessarily mean you are storing fat. It could be a number of things like fluctuating fluids, bowels, etc. To avoid error from this, it is recommended to weight yourself at the same time of day on the same day once each week. I noticed you did drink a lot of water so it could be from that!

This is off topic, but I noticed you are eating a LOT of protein and not many carbs. No fruit or vegetables? They're good for you! A diet high in protein often back-fires as far as the benefits go. Just an observation.
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    You probably gained water.

I go up and down from day to day. I weigh myself every day cause I am curious, I however only log one which is Friday for me and even on that day it can be high because of to much sodium or what ever, point is don't stress unless it keeps going up and doesn't go back down.
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone here. Don't weigh yourself every day. Weigh-in only once a week. At the same time, same clothes (preferably none) same everything. I have a routine that I start Monday evenings through Tuesday right up to my weigh-in first thing Wednesday morning, after using the bathroom. I hardly ever get any surprises during weigh-ins. I do however get totally frustrated when I sneek a peek during the week, I can be up or down by 3 pounds from day to day, even mornings to evenings. Set a routine and stick with it.
  • pro2know
    pro2know Posts: 19
    Options
    Thanks for all the fast response I will start weighing 1 time a week and not stress about it, is there ever a time you can drink to much water I am trying to drink at least 12 8oz. glasses a day or is that to much?
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Male 35 5'10"
    Tuesdays meal's

Lunch
    Dry ham sandwhich
    1 serving cheese 70 cal
    Dinner
    12 oz. of Green beans
    1 diet citrus green tea

The bread, ham, Pam and olive oil cooking sprays are not exactly clean eating............neither is the diet citrus green tea (especially the Lipton brand with aspartame) in the ingredients.

Most clean eaters have a higher fat, moderate protein and lower carb eating plan due to bread being a processed food.

Processed = not clean eating.

I agree!!! Also welcome back Grokette.
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the fast response I will start weighing 1 time a week and not stress about it, is there ever a time you can drink to much water I am trying to drink at least 12 8oz. glasses a day or is that to much?

No you are not drinking too much. Drink away
  • ChrisFA5
    ChrisFA5 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    DON'T WEIGH IN DAILY

X2 ! ! !