pre-wedding weight loss

Options
Okay, here's the thing. I want to lose as much weight as possible before next Friday. I know it sounds crazy, but I think I could seriously lose 3-5 pounds before I finally slip my dress on for the last time. There's dieting... and I'm going "extreme" dieting. I need info on the best fat-fighting foods, exercises.. and maybe even some ways to possible "unclog" my pipes, so to speak. Please, no pro ana or pro bulimia posts (cuz I've had those, and that's not what I wanna do) Thanks guys!!! <3

Replies

• ziggy55311
    Options
    Eat only small amounts of white protein such as chicken breast and canned fish throughout the day. I think this might be the right article:

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_diet_mass/shredded_in_6_days

The important thing to remember is that you can only do this for a short time!
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Not to sound mean or anything, but...you're completely insane. hort of something stupid like ana or bulli, it's going to be nigh on impossible to loose five pounds in 9 days
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I think you can probably do this if you cut your food way back, only eating tiny amounts at each meal, and drinking only water (remember, diet drinks will make you retain water), but my question is, do you really want to do this? 9 days on such a diet is going to play havoc on your energy levels, and I'd think you'd want to be on your glowing best on the wedding day. Still, if you decide to go for it, good luck. You can do it.
  • linda1243
    linda1243 Posts: 166
    Options
    If you really want to, there is this book called the 17 day diet. You can only eat lean protiens such as chicken, turkey, tuna, salmon, tilapia, and egg whites and then certain veggies. it really works. i dropped 15 lbs in 2 weeks. i don't recommend it for a long-term solution because it gets boring really fast. if you run to the book store you can take notes on what you can eat for the first 17 days.
  • kristenk0826
    Options
    amo--um, it's totally possible to healthily lose five pounds in a week, i've done it before..so why couldn't i do it in nine days??

just for the record.

to everyone else, thank you. as i said, this is a pre-wedding thing, so it's nothing i plan on continuing after the wedding. i just want to try and shed any water weight. linda--i'm definitely looking into this book, and it sounds like a good idea.

thanks everyone!! keep 'em coming, i can use all the help i can get. :)
  • SimplySonja
    Options
    Be so careful with what you are doing. The LAST Thing you need is to be sick for your wedding because of poor nutrition, lack of energy...
  • hazieo
    hazieo Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    How about doing one of those body wrap thingies?
    Try your local salon, apparantly one or two of these can see you (temporarily) lose a few inches, as opposed to pounds.
    Best of luck on your wedding day!! I'm sure you'll look fab.