good workout from home.

Options
I everyone I have been using mfp for a few months I have lost 10lbs so far. I work from home and I also have my daugther here with me and a ton of other household stuff that needs to be done.I dont have time to go to a gym and we enjoy walking around our neigborhood when homework and other stuff is done but I really need a workout I can do during the day at home. What dvd set do you enjoy doing at home. Fyi my hubby has P90x and Im not to that point just yet.:smile:

Replies

• mark03264
    mark03264 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I have not used it but Power 90 is the predecessor to P90X. It is supposed to be tamer and good prep for P90X.

I use P90X and Insanity.
  • anbegley
    anbegley Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I do the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. Great workout and only 27 minutes.
    Good luck.
  • Starleng1
    Starleng1 Posts: 142
    Options
    try Jullian Michaels 30 day shred. 3 levels 10 days a piece. works every body part and about $10 at walmart or target.
  • emilysebastian
    emilysebastian Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Check out BodyRock.tv - totally free, fairly quick (read: when the kiddo is entertained for only a mere 20 mins, you still have time to do it!), and she shows beginner moves for all of the workouts. Even doing the beginner moves, it KICKS YOUR *kitten*! :D
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I have p90 and it's very tame, but you still get a good workout.

Another beachbody workout is Turbofire. It's full of energy and there are loads of different classes. I esp love HIIT cause it's 15 mins but intense.
  • AmyS79
    AmyS79 Posts: 65
    Options
    thanks everyone I will look into these..
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    ChaLEAN Extreme, also from Beachbody, is a fantastic 90 day program and will get you ready for P90X. The workouts are no longer than 45 minutes and most are 30-35 min. I did this program last year and it took me from a size 14 to size 6. It's AWESOME!
  • Teeteetare
    Options
    I love BIlly Blanks' Tae Bo also Jillian Michaels !
  • ironband
    ironband Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    If you have a video game system, (Wii, Xbox 360, PS3), EA Sports Active 2 is a great workout with a 90 day program and customizable workouts. I really like it!
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom and I workout to Leslie Sansone and the Biggest Loser.
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Stay at home mom of 2 here also....dvd's work best for me cuz I got sick of the treadmill!! I have Netflix so I am constantly rotating different ones....I have tried the 30 Day Shred and this does kick your butt!! I only lost 5 lbs in the 30 days but 24 inches overall!! Not something I would do everyday though! I did Jillian Michaels "No More Trouble Zones" yesterday and I am very sore....this is only $12 at Target and you really get worked!! The Crunch videos are very good too!!! Good mix of cardio and strength!!