Super high Calories found in.....

Options
13»

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Marie Calender's Pot Pies. The sneaky thing is that on the large ones, a "serving size" is HALF of a pot pie. Who eats half a pot pie?? So one pot pie has over 1000 calories.

To me, anything that comes in its own plate should be one serving.

Now that you mentioned pot pies, you reminded me... anything from the restaurant chain Claim Jumper... Have a look at their nutritional info.. it will make you shudder.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Marie Calender's Pot Pies. The sneaky thing is that on the large ones, a "serving size" is HALF of a pot pie. Who eats half a pot pie?? So one pot pie has over 1000 calories.

Now that you mentioned pot pies, you reminded me... anything from the restaurant chain Claim Jumper... Have a look at their nutritional info.. it will make you shudder.

Most dishes there are like 5 lbs worth of food lol...I'd hate to see the cals on that Motherlode chocolate cake!
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options

Yeah, those things are atrocious. When I first starting reading nutrition labels I was horrified.

White Castle mozzarella sticks. Boyfriend brought home take-out after a long workday, and asked if I wanted one. Had some calories left--how bad could it be?

147 calories, 11g fat per stick. Yikes. Imagine if someone ate the whole 5 count--700 calories just for a side.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options

The biggest surprise I have had is probably the salad at Olive Garden. Apparently a normal size bowl has 350 calories! That means they put approximately 1/4 cup of dressing on the salad - way more than I would use. Add in 1 breadstick, and that's your entire meal!

I know, right? I read this a while back in an article about "the worst 'free' foods in restaurants". It blew me away, because the base of their salad is so basic (its like they had to work at adding all those calories and fat into that amount of dressing). What they never tell you is that they actually have a low-fat version of the dressing that you can ask for!

Another bad restaurant salad is Olgas greek entree salad.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options

Hadn't ever heard of it (I'm an East Coaster) so I googled it. Not a good sign when several of the articles come up with headlines like "Claim Jumper - The World's Unhealthiest Chain Restaurant?" (http://eater.com/archives/2010/04/20/claim-jumper-unhealthiest-chain-restaurant.php)

And Holy Frak - Nearly 5000 calories for beef stew??? That's enough calorie content for 2-4 people for an ENTIRE DAY.