My solution to avoid speed /overeating at dinner

Options
Here's my problem: My food diary looks great in food choices and potion sizes until dinner hits. I cook for 5 and when I sit down I eat so fast I don't even have a chance to listen to my body. As I understand it there is an enzyme that form while chewing helping you with the feeling of fullness. I on the other hand eat so fast I feel like I could eat more but my tummy hurts, so I eat more. I always have a healthy big side dish but while I am gulping it all down it doesn't help.

I thought it would be rude to eat before we're all sitting down but here's my solution and it has helped so far:

I made big skillet full with yellow squash, zucchini (usually tomato) and mushrooms. All veggies I like. I add some Sabra Greek yogurt dip (35 cals for 2 TBSP and very low on carbs) for creaminess and eat 1 cup of that while cooking. I have it in the fridge all week and don't have to cook it extra. I just get it out while cooking and eat. By the time we all sit down to eat my body is already getting ready to tell me it's full. I eat a sensible portion of our dinner and call it good. My other pre-dinner meal is cucumber salad.
That a big glass of water has really helped me

aug2011005.jpg

Replies

• spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    That is a good idea! I read once to put down your fork between bites so that you aren't just ready for the next bite, you are concentrating on the one you are chewing.
  • Stampinda
    Options
    Great idea! :)
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    That is a great idea! I understand how you feel about eating in a hurry and having to cook for others. How do you make the cucumber salad? Would love to have a great cucumber salad recipe. Thanks!
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I read one time to eat with the opposite hand so if you are right handed use your left, that way you eat slower.
  • Mimigurken
    Mimigurken Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    my Cuke salad:

2 big cucumbers
    a little olive oil (1 tsp) NOT TBSP and vinegar, salt, pepper and a little Sabra Greek yogurt dip for creaminess

cukes002.jpg
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    YUM! Thanks for adding the recipe! It looks delicious!! Can't wait to try it out!