Is getting hungry more often a good sign?

Options
A couple days ago I made a conscious effort to start eating 5-6 times a day. The first day I had to remind myself to eat. Today, I an actually getting hungry on my own every 2 or 3 hours. Is this a good sign? Does it mean my metabolism is finally getting higher? Or am a just training my stomach to injest more food and it wants MORE MORE MORE?

Replies

• rikisue206
    rikisue206 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    In my opinion it is a good thing! It is better to eat 5-6 smaller meals a day rather than eat 2 or 3 big meals and possibly forgetting to even eat a meal.
    Grat work!
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Not sure of the metabolism etc, but to me it was a sign that i was actually only eating what my body needed - which was a good thing as I could not remember ever getting hungry before (I was obviously overfeeding my body badly - and then eating again just because it was lunch time or dinner time....)

Now I celebrate every time I get that hungry feeling - I am feeding myself "just enough) ;-).....but I have to make sure that I am prepared when I get that feeling - I always carry some nuts - or a small protein bar in my bag to eat if I dont have my regular food handy...
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Absolutely girl!
    I started dividing my breakfast in half and eat the first half around 6:30 a.m. then right around 9:30 my stomach is growling so I have the rest of my breakfast...snack without guilt! then I have a pretty light lunch at noon and around 3:00 I start munching on the veggies I pack and take to work. By quitting time I'm not very hungry so I am satisfied with a light supper.
    I pretty much eat all day long. I don't ever feel really hungry.
    In other words, eating smaller portions throughout the day is definitely boosting your metabolism!
    Rock on!
  • farmingfool
    Options
    I think it is good to feel just slightly on the edge of hunger. At least I like that feeling. Constantly feeling sated or bloated means I'm eating way too much.
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I don't know, but that's what my dietitian told me was probably happening to me. Last week, I was hungry a lot. So I ate. I was over on my calories most days. I had one of the best weight loss weeks I've had in a while. This week, I'm not as hungry, but still hungrier than I had been. I'm eating, and hoping to see the same kind of results as last week.