Lost 70 lbs so my "Suits Don't Fit"

Options
2»

Replies

• BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Great job! I had been frequenting the Thrift Stores looking for new suits/sports coats for a while, wasn't having much luck and wearing some of my older stuff. One of our church ladies was tired of me looking homeless so she bought me a JC Penney gift card for Easter and sent me suit shopping!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Two good things.
    1. You lost weight
    2. People in need get nice clothes.
  • Hodar
    Hodar Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    That's gotta feel fantastic.

I remember giving away a lot of my suits for the exact opposite reason - and some of those suits were really expensive!!

The people who got them, were delighted to get them; now that I'm heading down the scale (too slowly for my tastes) - I kinda regret giving them away.

But, I'd rather get NEW suits in a smaller size, than have to buy suits that are larger.

Good for you. And a BIG plus, is that there should be a HUGE selection in the smaller size - at really good prices too. Not every guy over 30 will fit into the suits you'll be shopping for. And a lot of the men under 30's don't need suits like the 'good old days'.
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's awesome. I sew, so I'm actually looking forward to reinventing some of my favorite clothes into new clothes.
  • mamax5
    mamax5 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Congrats!....so does this mean I won't be able to alter my favorite dress so I can wear it when I'm skinny?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!