Had Op on Tuesday and cant exercise????

Options
Hi there. Had a small op on Tuesday (female op) and i don't know if i should be doing much exercise at the moment........but i am so bored at home and just don't know what to eat either??? I didn't eat much Tuesday night when i got home as food tasted awful. (the only thing that did taste good was chocolate!!!)

i can go for walks but i have to be careful in the sun as the antibiotics i am on can make your skin sensitive to the sun!!! and i don't know if i should get on the exercise bike either????

And i am worried that if i don't exercise i will put on the weight that i have lost and be back to square one!!!!

Replies

• BossSauce69
    Options
    Call your doctor! It may take a while to get through and get an answer, but it sounds like you've got a while.
    If you can't make it outside or get any meaningful exercise, find some tasks to keep you busy (and keep your mind off of food.) I'm sure there is some low-stress activity that you've put off for years that you could do.
    Best of luck, keep your spirits up and get better!
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I had surgery in December also female stuff..and had to wait 5 days before heavy exercise :)
  • nananie2
    nananie2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Boy, I absolutely can relate!! Had surgery last month and I had to wait four weeks before exercising again...

I tried to watch my cals more closely, walked whenever I could, and I managed to stay the same. Didn't lose much in the last month, but my biggest fear was to gain...

A hat, a good sunscreen and you should be ok. :-)))

Hang in there and good luck!! :smile:
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I think your Dr is the best person to advise you about heavy exercise.

As for eating, just stick to your basic calories and you should be fine.

Cant you walk with a cap on and long sleeves?

Good luck :flowerforyou: