Snack Ideas

Options
Hi I am looking for healthy, low calorie, filling snack ideas. What are your favorite snacks besides yogurt and fruit, or veggies?

Replies

• ConnieSG
    ConnieSG Posts: 376
    Options
    My trainer gave me these ideas:

Almonds and other nuts (not salted or smoked)
    2. Beans and other legumes (not refried or baked)
    3. Spinach and other green vegetables (not fried and try not to use cheese) *my suggestion if you need flavor use different spices and no calorie butter spray
    4.Instant oatmeal (quaker weight loss is the best option. try to avoid cereals with added sugars and high fructose corn syrup)
    5. Eggs
    6. Turkey and other lean meats (refrain from sausage, bacon, cured meats, ham, fatty cuts of steak--high sodium high in fat)
    7.Natural PB (by serving- too much pb can lead to high in fat)
    8. Whole grain breads and cereals (Stay away from processed bakery products like white bread, bagels, and doughnuts) *make sure its 100% whole wheat, also light is preferable!
    9. Olive oil (try to stay away from vegetable and hydrogenated vegetable oils, trans fatty acids, margarine)
    10. Whey protein
    11.Rasberries and other berries
    12. Celery and pickles (great snacks)
  • aab2011
    aab2011 Posts: 49
    Options
    Almonds, they completely fill me up!
  • hanes222
    hanes222 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love the triscuit thin crisps & a laughing cow cheese. Ends up to be about 165 calories but dellicious and helps when I'm getting hungry halfway between breakfast/lunch or lunch/dinner.
  • Indy_mom
    Indy_mom Posts: 15
    Options
    String cheese and a whole wheat english muffin with peanut butter are two of my current favorites. I try to change up my snacks every week so I don't get bored of them.
  • mleb2005
    mleb2005 Posts: 45
    Options
    cinnimon apple straws..yum they sell them at walmart now

41nOO7iTHKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
  • Doomfrog
    Doomfrog Posts: 79
    Options
    I love the triscuit thin crisps & a laughing cow cheese. Ends up to be about 165 calories but dellicious and helps when I'm getting hungry halfway between breakfast/lunch or lunch/dinner.

I'm with her on the laughing cow cheese. You could smear that stuff on a toad and it would make it taste good. I prefer mine with Wasa Light Rye Crisps. 60 calories for the two crisps. 35 for the cheese.
  • whateverr120
    Options
    I like:
    Graham crackers
    Animal Crackers
    100 calorie packs of anything (even pringles!)
    Special K bars
    goldfish crackers
    cup of soup (about 100 calories usually)
    penut butter on toast
    cheese sticks
    carrots/cuccumbers with hummus
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I liked bagel crisps with laughing cow cheese, pretty filling I though. I also like skinny cow snacks.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Wheat pita toasted with hummus. Nahm!
    English muffin with light margarine
    Yogurt with a bit of granola

Almonds are on my grocery list :)
  • Minnesnowtagurl
    Minnesnowtagurl Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    cinnimon apple straws..yum they sell them at walmart now

41nOO7iTHKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Oh my gosh I love these!

Also I like to do whole wheat gold fish, Cheddar straws, BBQ straws, special K chips, Special K crackers, and any kind of pretzels(watch the sodium intake) then I pack everything in to a zip-lock baggy as the suggested portion size on the package so I don't over eat.
  • jjbraid
    jjbraid Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have 9oz of v8 Spicy Juice (55 calories). I drink it real slow. Then i pair that with Honey wheat pretzles (110 calories) and a Laughing Cow (35 calories). Makes me super full. Sometimes I have the juice on its own or with something that is 100 calories. Good Luck!