For you P90Xers : Core Synergistics question

Options
I don't have a HRM (I seriously need to invest in one!) so I don't know how many calories the workout burns. Does anyone know the general amount that this workout burns?
Thanks!

Replies

• Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Depends on my energy that day, but usually between 300-400.

And yes, you seriously need to invest in one.. The burns during these workouts are so individual. I burn only 350 from Kenpo, but I see people burning over 700.. It's impossible to even give you a ballpark to go off of.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I usually burn around 600 calories with Core Syn. But as has been said you need to invest in a good hrm. I have bought the cheap ones and when my arm gets sweaty it doesn't read my hr.
  • philm00x
    philm00x Posts: 27
    Options
    A HRM is going to give you the best calculation, but you must remember, bigger bodies burn more calories. Someone that weighs 150 lbs will burn less calories than someone that weighs 200. Your weight is resistance that you have to move when working out, so if you weigh more, your muscles will have to use more energy to move. As far as inputting the workout into your MFP calorie tracker, I usually just put in 55 minutes of Aerobics, high impact. It's not completely accurate, but a very fair estimate. I weigh 231 lbs right now, and I average 680 calories burned doing Core Syn.