2»

Replies

• nanaykat
    Options
    thats a great tattoo
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    SIDE NOTE: Did you break up with your man?
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    It's going to hurt no matter what so pick a place you really like. I got one on my lower back but its huge. I don't consider it a tramp stamp because its like 5"x10". I like it because I can cover it when I want or show it when I want.
    I have a big tat on my lower back too! Mine is about 5 inches high and 8 inches long..or so! :)
  • odusgolp
    Options
    I fell asleep during my tattoo... he woke me up five hours into it. Everyone reacts differently to the feeling of it. Some find it painful. I find it .... soothing :)
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    I disagree with the statement that it's going to hurt no matter where you get it. It totally depends on the person and their tolerance for pain, so if you have a high tolerance you'll probably be good. I got my first tattoo on my wrist, and it was a little twinge at first because I didn't know what to expect, but it just kind of numbed out. I think as far as tattoos go, it's a good idea to get them somewhere that it won't be affected by weight loss, gain, pregnancy, or general sagginess of getting older :P So I get them in places that don't tend to stretch :D lol. I have one on my wrist, one behind my ear as well (the only part that hurt there was when it went onto my skull) and plan to get one on my foot when I get out of the 200 range.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    tattoos suck
  • sunshine__angel
    sunshine__angel Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I got my first tattoo on my back/side. To be honest, the wrists were my most painful tattoos and I've got 12 lol, but everyone is different and since you don't know what to expect it might actually make sense to do that. The neck/behind the ear feels funny and weird because your whole head vibrates but it's not a painful feeling, just a bit uncomfortable. Whatever you decide, just think about whether or not you want to put it in a spot that could be hidden if need be. I've got tattoos on my arms and it's hard with jobs and things like that. Let us know what you decide! :)
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    but if you must get one I say KNEECAPS!
  • TromaRon
    TromaRon Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    My only advice is to get something you really want, and don't rush into it. Picking a design at the Tattoo shop isn't nearly as cool as coming up with something that means a lot to you. Also give some thought to it before you get it somewhere that can't be covered. People have gotten more open minded, but it still could hinder things you want to do in years to come.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    My only advice is to get something you really want, and don't rush into it. Picking a design at the Tattoo shop isn't nearly as cool as coming up with something that means a lot to you. Also give some thought to it before you get it somewhere that can't be covered. People have gotten more open minded, but it still could hinder things you want to do in years to come.

AMEN!!!!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I got my first tattoo on my back/side.

one little slash makes a world of difference
  • odusgolp
    Options

You bring me such joy, Taso :)
  • momof6monkees
    Options
    My first was not quite lower back, but close. second ankle. third upper back. fourth calf. my calf hurt the worst. please keep in mind that many jobs ask you to cover tattoos, so be prepared for that. also remember, color hurts more than grey scale.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    My first was not quite lower back, but close. second ankle. third upper back. fourth calf. my calf hurt the worst. please keep in mind that many jobs ask you to cover tattoos, so be prepared for that. also remember, color hurts more than grey scale.

...how...what? Do you mean getting tattoos with colored ink hurts more than black? Because that's probably just a trick of your mind. I suppose if you mean getting it shaded in with color it hurts more, but that's just because they actually have to cover the skin with that color unless otherwise requested, and with black and gray there's a lot of shading. So in that sense it can hurt more, but not because of the actual color.
  • dez_yaoichan
    Options

...how...what? Do you mean getting tattoos with colored ink hurts more than black? Because that's probably just a trick of your mind. I suppose if you mean getting it shaded in with color it hurts more, but that's just because they actually have to cover the skin with that color unless otherwise requested, and with black and gray there's a lot of shading. So in that sense it can hurt more, but not because of the actual color.

yeah, i think it's full color -vs- just shading? or maybe b/c you have to go a little slower with color to make sure it's all even?
  • TromaRon
    TromaRon Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend getting a frog near your crotch...
    Hmmm... I can't think of anything cooler than a frog (tattoo) near your crotch! After that the possibilities for future tattoos just gets even more interesting.
  • sunshine__angel
    sunshine__angel Posts: 366 Member
    Options

Lol!!
    It's funny you mention that because I was going to correct it but then I thought, "Nah, nobody will notice."
  • momof6monkees
    Options

My first one hurt the least, the others more. My first was black and white, and I am sure it has to do with the being full color versus shading. The more color, the worse it hurt. But like others have said, it depends on the person and the area and their tolerance to pain.
  • elkay13
    elkay13 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I got both of mine on the lower calf. I actually love them there, it hurt slightly, but because the artist "takes breaks" it doesn't hurt for a long period of time, and i'm assuming yours will be small so it won't take long at all! Which is nice :) Can't wait to see a photo!

I REALLY want the heart behind my ear, is it really that revealing? I need to be professional... :(
  • tattooedtwiin
    Options
    If you have to ask and get advise from others on such a personal decision then you're not ready.