The Diamond Challenge: Round 5: Wk 1 - Little Diamond's

Options

Replies

• nkfowler74
    nkfowler74 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    QOTD Thursday: How are you going to kick some serious "bootay" in the next four weeks?

I haven't given 100% the past couple weeks so I am ready to get back to it! Each day, I am going to eat healthier options and log my calories, drink 80oz of water and exercise. My plan is to alternate Jillian Michael's 30DS (I got results the last time I really stuck with it), Zumba for the Kinect, and the Walk Away The Pounds video. I'm excited for another round with the Diamonds! Go Black!!
  • LoraEllen
    Options
    QOTD Thursday: How are you going to kick some serious "bootay" in the next four weeks?

I have discovered that I REALLY NEED CHALLENGES to stay on track and be the best I can be! I'm involved with two and since they have both wrapped up I have fallen short. My goal is to get back on my daily routine of non-negotiable exercise!!! It's not an option!! I also want to support my team member Pam to be the best she can be this month! I love being part of a team and cheering each other on! Helps me to be accountable and be a blessing to someone else if I can!

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • hwilliams519
    Options
    Well this may sound odd, but I'm taking a more laid back approach this time. For the past week I have not logged my food, and I've decided for now that I will continue to not log my food. For most, this sounds crazy, I know. But in that time I have regained my focus and have already seen the scale move in the right direction. Mainly what I am doing is remembering to put God first and make healthy decisions. It just a lot less fuss this way, and I don't get too consumed by food, like I have previously.

For the past couple of months, I have had really bad back pain. And about 3 or 4 weeks ago, I found out that I have scoliosis in my lower back. I have been doing physical therapy at home several days a week and it is helping a lot. So as I'm trying to improve my back, I've really had to focus more on low impact exercising like walking or swimming. This week I have been feeling better, and I started c25k again last night. I was able to jump right back into week 5, where I left off. So I'm going to add that program back into my routine. And as I get stronger and braver I would like to start the 30ds and strength training.
  • bballgrrl34
    bballgrrl34 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I am going to consistently be active. I will go to the gym at least 5 times a week and take different classes at the gym I go to. I will also watch the food that I am eating and log everything for the next 4 weeks and hopefully this continues past that.
  • Mandyw58
    Mandyw58 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm going to continue on with what I've been doing for the past month, but maybe try to eat healthier. I'm planning on playing tennis twice weekly, rock climbing once-twice weekly, and going to zumba weekly. If I have the time/energy, I'm also going to try to get in more running, biking, and swimming since I'm hoping to do a triathlon in the spring.
  • hwilliams519
    Options
    btw, I love the pink tank! Wish I had one. :)
  • twistedsista0408
    Options
    I changed my plan of exercise this week to include more circuit training and inside cardio using my HRM. I had been increasing my walking from 3 miles to 4 miles an hour, but it has backfired; causing my shins and arches to ache all the time. Last week was really painful! I will continue to use my base of 1200 calories daily, adding my exercise calories back in. I am definitely up for this challenge, Ladies! Let's rock and roll!

Cheers!
  • nikkiws
    nikkiws Posts: 164
    Options
    Thursday qotd: How are you going to kick some serious "bootay" in the next four weeks?

I am hoping to lose a couple of pounds below my goal during this challenge and learn how to do maintainance. I am going to try to get better at logging again as I had become a bit lax and had more days off than on. I am going to increase my kicking of imaginary butt in body pump and turbo jam.
  • northernchic
    northernchic Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Well, I just got my HRM last week and it has really kicked my bootay into gear regarding working out. I've always hated working out, hated to sweat, hated to be sore, etc. etc. Well, I am finding out quickly that I'm willing to do that extra five minutes, ten minutes, whatever it takes to get those calories burned! And I am exhausted at the end of the day but it feels great!

Great choice!! I LOVE my HRM!! It really keeps me motivated during my workouts!!
    What kind did you get?
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Well, I just got my HRM last week and it has really kicked my bootay into gear regarding working out. I've always hated working out, hated to sweat, hated to be sore, etc. etc. Well, I am finding out quickly that I'm willing to do that extra five minutes, ten minutes, whatever it takes to get those calories burned! And I am exhausted at the end of the day but it feels great!

Great choice!! I LOVE my HRM!! It really keeps me motivated during my workouts!!
    What kind did you get?

I got the Polar FT4. Nothing fancy, nothing expensive, but it came highly recommended to me by some of the ladies here as well as my cousin, who has been very successful on MFP. I've had it for one week now and can honestly say I've worked harder than I have the last couple of months.
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options

What kind did you get?

I got the Polar FT4. Nothing fancy, nothing expensive, but it came highly recommended to me by some of the ladies here as well as my cousin, who has been very successful on MFP. I've had it for one week now and can honestly say I've worked harder than I have the last couple of months.

Good to know. I think I will get one too... I don't have big bucks to invest, but I do get a tinge of HRM jealousy from time to time!
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options

Good to know. I think I will get one too... I don't have big bucks to invest, but I do get a tinge of HRM jealousy from time to time!

I just bought it on Amazon a couple of weeks ago for $63 with free shipping. Shipping was a little bit slow, took about a week and a half, but the price was much less than what it would have cost me at Best Buy.
  • northernchic
    northernchic Posts: 117 Member
    Options

I just bought it on Amazon a couple of weeks ago for $63 with free shipping. Shipping was a little bit slow, took about a week and a half, but the price was much less than what it would have cost me at Best Buy.

That would be a great goal reward :bigsmile:
  • blueillusion3
    blueillusion3 Posts: 151 Member
    Options

What kind did you get?

haha, me too! (get a tinge of HRM jealousy). i will order one soon enough :)
  • Latoyamary
    Latoyamary Posts: 140
    Options

QOTD Thursday

How are you going to kick some serious "bootay" in the next four weeks?

Since I have plateaued, I am taking a small break... I am doing low-intensity workout while maintaining my calories. But, I will be changing this month to low-impact exercises and start taking small exercises classes...
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I've got an HRM and I like it, its really great to know how much I burn. I don't always eat my exercise calories but when I do I like to know exactly how many I have to work with. I don't seem to get some of the great burns I see my friends post, an hour workout for me is generally about 350-500 calories. So if I'm really hungry, I love just eating those 350 and feeling good about staying within my calories. Whereas without it I was ike "well MFP says 500 but who knows! I better not eat!"
  • carteremma
    carteremma Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I also got a heart rate monitor recently and have become addicted to watching the burn while I exercise.

I find that my burn on my HRM is higher than the tredmill burn which actually makes me push myself that little bit further and harder to reach the next hundred calories etc...

I love it!
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Diamonds! If you feel confident in doing so, please quote the Question of the Day (and JUST the question) in your reply:

Question of the Day: Friday

What do you want to be when you grow up?

My Response:

I love this question because the answer seems to change every year... and I'm pretty sure I had a better idea of the answer when I was seven! I currently work in student enrollment for an online charter school (hence my geeky knowledge of random internet tools) and I like my job, but don't see myself doing this forever. In fact, soon I plan to go back to school to take the prerequisite science classes I need to apply to optometry school. So, when I grow up I want to be an optometrist. I also want to be financially secure, own my own home (or have a husband with his own home that will become "ours" ...yeah, I'm old school), adopt a few 10 year old black kids (my mother was a child dependency lawyer and these are typically the children that nobody wants to adopt), and finally have a flourishing garden!
  • Rubyjjones
    Options
    What do you want to be when you grow up?

I want to be a mother...that in one of the main reasons that I am on this weight loss journey :flowerforyou:
    :flowerforyou:
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I am a forever student even if I am not enrolled in school. I love to learn. I have am officially the housewife, mother and grandmother but have been to restaurant management school, beauty school, medical assisting school, and I am currently a business administration major at college. I even home-schooled my children. If I am not in school, I am learning something new on the internet or from a book. This year, I bought a canning book and learned to can. I guess I will never figure out what I want to be when I grow up.