P9OX help!

Options
Hi I am new to this tracking ....and I am not sure how to imput calories burned . I am doing P9OX and have just done shoulders and arms and ab ripper X . I usually wear a heart rate monitor but it doesnt give an accurate reading while you do weights, so I am stumped.

Any help would be appreciated!

Replies

• dakoerber
    dakoerber Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I always log what the HRM says when I lift. Why do you think it is wrong?
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    My guess is your HRM is accurate when working weights - HRM are typically cardio trackers and strength training isn't cardio. I always figure I burn about 250 calories on the weights days on P90X. And another 96 on ARX when I wear my HRM for tracking.

If you do 1:15 minutes of strength training or circuit on MFP it is close to accurate IMO.

HTH.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    i always log whatever the hrm says. its still accurate on weights, strength training usually burns a little less than cardio, if you think its too low you can either go harder during the warm up to keep you heart rate up or lift heavier weights, try either and see what happens
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I log what my heart rate monitor says also :)
  • Tankplanker
    Tankplanker Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Same here, mine has the option to select Weight Training as the type of workout before I start.
  • jabrecko
    Options
    Thanks everyone, it just seemed so low. but I guess it wouldnt be as high as cardio.
    Never thought of it that way.

Thanks!