Cancer related/not weight loss

Options
2»

Replies

• tonicia
    tonicia Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    They are out there. You just have to make sure because not all term life policies are convertible. That's what we have now. We can't afford the whole life right now, but at least we have the option when we can!

Sounds perfect.Thanks!!! = )
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I got life insurance at 21 years old. Mostly because I had a child and wanted him to be protected if something happened to me. I have a $25,000 policy and I pay only $25 per month. I have it thru State Farm with my auto insurance and its all bundled together. Id look into getting it before you get tested. Its never too early to get life insurance. I have several friends who passed in their mid 20s, not cancer related (car accidents, surgery mishaps etc)
  • ladybug91254
    ladybug91254 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a 20+ year licensed insurance agent...you definitely should be able to get life insurance at this time...shop carefully because if you do get denied by one company others will usually not accept you. There are many many term policies that are later convertible to permanent. You DO NOT want to try to hide anything...DO NOT get the test from someone that says they can "hide" it from your medical records. #1 I'm thinking they might not be the most accurate. #2 unless you are paying cash out of pocket it will show up on your health insurance and #3 (the biggie) you would still have to lie on the application for life insurance and then as mentioned earlier the insurance company could deny the claim when (if) you die. I would go NOW and talk to your agent where you have your auto and or home insurance. I used to work for State Farm...they have lots of policies available, normally good informed agents but are not always the least expensive...just do some research and get some prices...being very specific that you want a term policy that is guaranteed convertible later. And the only explanation you need to give for that is money is tighter now but you hope later you will be better off financially. Also, State Farm and a few other companies have something called a Gauranteed Insurability Rider that you can add very inexpensively. And that means you could take out more insurance later (it has to be at certain intervals) REGARDLESS of your health. With your history I would try to get that. Hope this helps some. Feel free to message me if I can help.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    we have a $750,000 policy on my husband and pay $44 a month. we started it when he was 22. we have a $250,000 policy on me that is $17 a month. we started it when i was 30. you can afford life insurance. really.