Too much protein?

Options
Is it problematic to have too much protein? I always have plenty of carbs left at the end of the day...usually 30-50, but I am always over my protein by around 30. I've tried to alter what I am eating to help even it out, but it is hard on only 1200 calories!
Thanks!!

Replies

• MarieNevada
    MarieNevada Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    MFP values for protein are too low and your ideal protein intake is closer to 30% of your calories so you're fine. try hitting about 40/30/30 (carbs/protein/fat) or 50/30/20.
  • heathhumble
    Options
    If you are exercising and logging it it should adjust your protein intake.The extra protein will help you while you are exercising. I wouldn't worry about it.Keep up the hard work.:happy:
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    30 you should be fine
  • Wilfred808
    Wilfred808 Posts: 113
    Options
    the protein macros on this site are off idk why they still use ratios. aim for one gram of protein per pound of bodyweight,thats a minimum so going over is fine
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Just watch your fiber and make sure you're getting enough! Too much protein can "stop you up", if you will... :blushing:
  • layne199
    Options
    Thanks all, I am logging in my exercise and I am losing weight at the rate I expected. Glad to know that it isn't me and their ratios are off!
    Greatly Appreciated!

9952880.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter