Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass

Options
I don't think I've posted anything in a long time, but I just wanted to say that after 6 months of waiting and prep, and 4 months on a specified high protein meal plan (I've lost 80 lbs. since May 1st!)..........tomorrow is my surgery and I'm so excited to start this life-changing process!!!:happy: I've still got 100-120 lbs. to lose before I get my "real" life back, but that doen't scare me....I know I can get there with the help of the surgery. So, "tomorrow is the beginning of the rest of my life"! Yippeee!

Please give me any feedback you may have on Gastric Bypass surgery. Thanks all!

Replies

• Snakey74
    Snakey74 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your surgery! :happy:
  • chrisfnet
    Options
    Why roux-en-y?
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Good luck, and congratulations on the massive work you've done to get to this point.

GG
  • dittiepe
    dittiepe Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Awesome! It's a difficult decision to make, as I'm sure you know. I had mine in feb 2008. The hardest part for me was remembering it was time to eat. You don't feel hunger like you do now. So be sure to remind yourself to drink and eat(when you're allowed of course). Follow what the doctor says, exactly. Remember that this is forever. You can't go back to eating like you once did. Some people do and it's such a waste :(

Best of luck with the surgery!
  • lanettecream
    Options
    You are wise to realize that you will need to track calories and exercise in order for the surgery to be successful and to have good long term health. Best of luck on your surgery.
  • Barbaramax
    Barbaramax Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    good luck......if bypass is for you then that ok.
  • Pinky67
    Pinky67 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Good luck on the next part of your journey, and congrats on how far you have come already! :)
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! I am six month out from my surgery.
  • beach_bum_gurl
    Options
    The very best of luck to you. I am 5 years out and maintaining. The most important thing to remember in the early post-op days is to sip, sip, sip! Also, make sure you get plenty of protein!!! Walk as soon as you are able!
  • Shelby814
    Shelby814 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Good luck! It's the best thing I ever did. I have no regrets.