Left Behind Series

Options
Anna_Banana
Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
edited September 2022 in Chit-Chat
Has anybody read these? I'm on book five and just can't put them down. They really make you think.

LeftBehind.jpg

Replies

• Anna_Banana
    Options
    Has anybody read these? I'm on book five and just can't put them down. They really make you think.

LeftBehind.jpg
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    I have always wanted to, but haven't. I have heard they are really good. Maybe I will pick the first one up at the Library or borrow it from my sis! Thanks for reminding me about them!
    MM
  • frithir
    frithir Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    yes and have the movies also
  • Anna_Banana
    Options

They have movies!:noway: How many are there? Are they named the same thing or something else? Are they half as good as the books?
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Yes. I bought the whole set from E-Bay. I lent them to my daughter to read when I finished them and she still has them. I need to get them back from her so my son can read them too. Excellent books. Tim LaHaye is my favorite author. I'm reading Babylon Rising series now. Currently on book 3.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Yes.

Didn't like the last one, but the others were good. :smile:
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    I've read most of them. My mom collects the hardbacks. Excellent books, and yes, they totally make you think! (That's a good thing!)
  • Anna_Banana
    Options
    Well that sucks, Shannon. I'm going to read all these and not like the last one?

That's how the Harry Potter books were too, but it was the second to last one I didn't like there.
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of the theology in the books so I kind of put them down after book one. I did however enjoy the movies. Haha. I don't mind if my movies have shaky theology! :laugh: :laugh:
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Well that sucks, Shannon. I'm going to read all these and not like the last one?

That's how the Harry Potter books were too, but it was the second to last one I didn't like there.

I think most people who enjoyed the series enjoyed the last one too, I put the last one down though. :wink:
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    Options

They have movies!:noway: How many are there? Are they named the same thing or something else? Are they half as good as the books?

There's Left Behind one, Left Behind 2: Tribulation Force and Left Behind 3: World at War.

I've only seen the first two. Kirk Cameron plays Buck Williams and does a good job but the movies are kind of low budget so they're not as high tech as we're used to seeing nowadays.

Not as good as the books but I'd rent them again.
  • Shannon023
    Options

There's Left Behind one, Left Behind 2: Tribulation Force and Left Behind 3: World at War.

I've only seen the first two. Kirk Cameron plays Buck Williams and does a good job but the movies are kind of low budget so they're not as high tech as we're used to seeing nowadays.

Any movie with Brad Johnson:

2johnson.jpg

is worth seeing. :love:
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    Options

2johnson.jpg

Oh yeah! :blushing:
  • STACYESPARZA
    STACYESPARZA Posts: 308 Member
    Options

LeftBehind.jpg
    I have read and purchased every one.
    Absolutly loved them!!!
    I couldnt put the books down for nothing...and oh the Glorious Appearing is just awesome....
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

2johnson.jpg

As my mother-in-law says-- "hubba hubba ding ding!!"

He's a cutie!!!!!!!
  • Shannon023
    Options

2johnson.jpg

He's a cutie!!!!!!!

Ever see 'Always' with him & Holly Hunter???? Day-um!!!! :love: :love:

He's beautiful! :heart:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    These were my favorite book series of all time!!! I think the middle ones got a little boring especially after Nicholae.

Glorious Appearing was my favorite and held very true to the book of Revelation.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

2johnson.jpg

He's a cutie!!!!!!!

Ever see 'Always' with him & Holly Hunter???? Day-um!!!! :love: :love:

He's beautiful! :heart:

Oh my gosh-- yes, that movie made me CRY!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.