Pretty sure I cured my McDonald's habit..

Options

Replies

• YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Good for you.

Sometimes I have a fit of liquor induced insanity and eat Mcdonalds. It makes me feel so wretched. Not guilt wise but physically. I hate it.
  • bopefas
    bopefas Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Just for ****s and grins I looked up how many calories were in some of my favorite hamburgers and it was damn near my daily allotment,just the burger,nno fries.We call them Gut Bombs.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Good for you.

Sometimes I have a fit of liquor induced insanity and eat Mcdonalds. It makes me feel so wretched. Not guilt wise but physically. I hate it.

Yes! It had to be a physical thing because I don't get food guilt.
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I stopped eating McDonalds years ago. I rarely eat it, and when I do, I'm desperate and starving. I'm a big softy when it comes to animals, and after researching, I found out about factory farming, and not only what they did to the animals, but how the food was processed (like their nuggets - seriously gross). It's not a hard decision anymore. I don't even let my kids go there. Besides, one meal has over 1,000 calories. Insane. Good for you for cutting it out. You'll feel better. :-)
  • infamousmk
    Options
    Just for ****s and grins I looked up how many calories were in some of my favorite hamburgers and it was damn near my daily allotment,just the burger,nno fries.We call them Gut Bombs.

Yeah, my lunch was just over 1,000 calories. Crazy. And every time I enter it I would think, "why do I eat this *kitten*? It's so high cal! But it's so flippin' tasty..."
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Good for you.

I'm right there with you on that one. 3 am and soaked in beer - yeah, I've been known to swing in the drive through! lol
  • chicagofats
    chicagofats Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you as you do battle against the arches...

I too have had to battle the McDonald's (and fast food) habit. I do hit McDonald's every three weeks or so, which is alot better than the 3+ times I used to hit it during a typical week. I don't crave it like I used to. I also make sure that if I hit it that I have done enough exercise that day to absorb the calories.

A bigger battle for me has been pizza delivery. Easily three times a week for like 6 years before I started here. In the 100+ days since then I ordered only one, and that was because friends were in town and wanted to try Chicago style.
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Did you go cold turkey or did you need to use a Mc-otine Patch? :laugh:

Sorry! :wink:
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,224 Member
    Options
    I have no problem with McDonald's food, but I have a sneaky suspicion that there are things in fast food in the USA which are not allowed in fast food in Canada. I say that because the vast majority of negative experiences I have had with fast food have been when travelling in the USA, even before changing how I eat. It doesn't take long to realize how may calories are in the large burgers are McDonald's and other places. Then there is the trade-off. Do I eat that huge calorie meal and get hungry later, or eat something lower calorie with a lot more veggies and still be full long after. Change comes much easier then. As for Supersize me, watch Fat Heads. It is just as eye opening.
  • infamousmk
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Did you go cold turkey or did you need to use a Mc-otine Patch? :laugh:

ha!! I'm totally gonna go cold-cheeseburger.
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I honestly wish McD's did disgusting things to my insides!! It would have made it so much easier to quit!! Maybe today was finally the day, because my stomach did hurt during the workout.

Also, salt is my BFF. I think that's why I like McDs so much.

OMG… I'm guessing it DOES do disgusting things to your insides… maybe just not the "gastrointestinal response" it seems like many of us get. :smile: Since we're all here, I'm guessing we all know what disgusting things it does to our "outsides". :laugh: I'm in the "haven't had McDs in ages" group. It doesn't even taste good to me anymore… except very rarely the fish sandwich or a small fry, but I'm pretty sure that's due to the tartar sauce dripping off the edges and out of the bun! LOL I have, however, had to break other fast food habits… the people at the Wendy's and Taco Bell's drive thru windows were beginning to recognize me.

Best of luck breaking the habit! Maybe imagining all the dirty, greasy little kids fingers absolutely everywhere in the building might help?
  • infamousmk
    Options
    Oh, and I watched Supersize Me - it just made me want to go get some McDs!
  • ccarpe
    ccarpe Posts: 118
    Options
    I bet your right about the two lb drop. I told myself that I was really hungry for chips because they are a weakness and I havent had them since I started MFP. So Sunday was the day, ( if I had a loss--I did) I literally ate half a bag of sea salt and vinegar chips and paid for it the rest of the night. Bet I won't do that again.
  • minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    great job! i havent had mcdonalds in... probably months to a year, i dont know .. but its been a long time.. and i havent had a soda in years. love it!
  • ccarpe
    ccarpe Posts: 118
    Options
    I honestly wish McD's did disgusting things to my insides!! It would have made it so much easier to quit!! Maybe today was finally the day, because my stomach did hurt during the workout.

Also, salt is my BFF. I think that's why I like McDs so much.

OMG… I'm guessing it DOES do disgusting things to your insides… maybe just not the "gastrointestinal response" it seems like many of us get. :smile: Since we're all here, I'm guessing we all know what disgusting things it does to our "outsides". :laugh: I'm in the "haven't had McDs in ages" group. It doesn't even taste good to me anymore… except very rarely the fish sandwich or a
    small fry, but I'm pretty sure that's due to the tartar sauce dripping off the edges and out of the bun! LOL I have, however, had to break other fast food habits… the people at the Wendy's and Taco Bell's drive thru windows were beginning to recognize me.

Best of luck breaking the habit! Maybe imagining all the dirty, greasy little kids fingers absolutely everywhere in the building might help?

Love the boxer pic. Best dog I ever owned.
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options

ha!! I'm totally gonna go cold-cheeseburger.

Have you ever had one of those things cold? That's enough to make ANYONE quit McDonald's!!!
  • Murphk323
    Murphk323 Posts: 184
    Options
    the documentary super-size me scared me away from Mickey D's forever. I can't even look at the food without thinking about it...
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options

OMG woman...wtf...why did I check out that link....sooo just gonna be short on my calories tonight because no way am I eating after that.
    OHH and even AFTER I read your post I went to the site! UGH! Chicken does NOT sound appealing to me now in any form or fashion seeing it swinging along like that....ew

Oh, here's another one that's fun to watch that include, foul and fish...I think it might be a machine ad and the guy has a great accent so it's a bit entertaining in a twisted disgusting sort of way.:sick: :laugh:

Meat deboner Foodmate --- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuIkr0df4-0&NR=1
  • knetterk
    knetterk Posts: 107
    Options
    Good for you!! Utube Mcdonalds and there is one on there that shows some gross stuff and how long that stuff actually stays in your body..... it seriously was gut wrenching..... Haven't had Mcdonalds in some time....lol
  • panpurred2
    Options
    Oh man, McDonald's is one of my weaknesses. I'm done with it now that I'm on here (only day 4 on here) but it's going to be tough. I pass 3 McDonald's on my 15 minute drive home from work everyday. AHHH! lol