Hi, I'm new.

Options
I am very excited about MFP. I will need encouragement to reach my goals. I start out all pumped up, then start to slack about a month in to any program I have tried. I am uncomfortable and unhappy at my current weight. I have a huge goal of 65lbs to lose.

Replies

• RhondaCarye
    RhondaCarye Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey.... I am new too. I have 1.5 weeks in and I have a really large goal of 97lbs. Add me if you like and I will try to keep you on track and focused on the end result. I know I can use all the encouragement I can get as well.
  • brianblinn
    brianblinn Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Keep the faith. We're all here to help too.
  • auskelly
    auskelly Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    another newbee :) add away
  • gracielee1
    gracielee1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm glad you decided to take control of your fitness. This website is so user friendly and you will find a lot of support here and answers to all your questions. Consistency is key and one step at a time!
  • vamplover4life
    vamplover4life Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i have always had a hard time sticking to trying to lose weight also...i love My Fitness Pal!!! With it, I have lost 18 lbs so far.. it has helped me so much!!! This is site is so awesome with ppl that support you!!!! Good Luck...
  • mledespot
    Options
    I'm new here as well! I think we all need encouragement and support to reach our goals. Some days are definitely better than others and we all make mistakes! Welcome and good luck!
  • Malani2010
    Malani2010 Posts: 245
    Options
    Welcome!!! This is a really great site with plenty of support and advice. Feel free to add me if you need more friends.
  • Malani2010
    Malani2010 Posts: 245
    Options
    Hey.... I am new too. I have 1.5 weeks in and I have a really large goal of 97lbs. Add me if you like and I will try to keep you on track and focused on the end result. I know I can use all the encouragement I can get as well.

Welcome!! Add me if you want.
  • raychar1
    raychar1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey-glad to have you on board. Make it a good habit to log your food and exercise everyday. The following is a recommendation: go to myplate.gov and put your weight, height, age, sex and activity level in, then print off your calorie amount along with servings of each food group and teach yourself how to build a balanced diet. Go to myplate as often as you need to so you can understand how much of the different foods equals a serving of that particular food group. This may sound like gobbledegook now or you may already know exactly what I'm talking about. Either way the key is tracking, weighing or measuring, portion control and activity. Also find yourself a friend or a free group. We actually have a small group at my church called "H.E." for Healthy Eating and Exercise. For us it is a faith based, behavior change sort of group with accountability to one another. Blessings to you in your endeavor to find a better you. Ray
  • moprincess76
    Options
    Im 3 weeks in and have lost .. tadaaaaa 14 pounds already... I have a HUGE goal of 110 pounds.. I have a heart condition,.. a major knee injury, and by golly im still doing it... Feel free to add me if you like.. you CAN do this.. =)
  • cmbeckham
    Options
    Hey girl I know we can do it! can't wait to see results
  • Brook70
    Brook70 Posts: 164
    Options
    Thanks for your support!
  • Brook70
    Options
    Thanks so much! I am sending a request to you.:smile:
  • Brook70
    Options
    Thanks! I sent a request. I am here to encourage you and motivate myself. :smile:
  • Brook70
    Options
    Wow, Congratulations!! Thanks for your support. :smile:
  • Brook70
    Options
    Thank you so much for your advice and support Ray. :smile:
  • Brook70
    Options
    Thank you!