Week 5 of C25K and going strong :)

Options
2»

Replies

• jvinmill
    jvinmill Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and good luck hzminda. I'm now on W6 this week. The first run is not so intimidating after the 20 min run over the weekend.
  • HeyGrlHey
    HeyGrlHey Posts: 640
    Options
    Congratulations and good luck hzminda. I'm now on W6 this week. The first run is not so intimidating after the 20 min run over the weekend.

Hey JV, are you going to be creating a week 6 thread? or just keep posting on this thread?

M.
  • nosugarcoating
    nosugarcoating Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I am finishing week 4 tomorrow so not quite there yet. I have stuck with the program every (other) day, though. :)
  • jvinmill
    Options
    nosugarcoating, congrats on your progress! I wish you all the best and hope you are able to continue at that pace. It seems these later weeks are when many run into difficulty.

hzminda, I do not plan to post a W6 thred. My main goal was to find a few other people on the same week, so that I would have others to compare notes with. Now that I have founds friends that I message individually, I will likely continue just by posting with you and our group on your threds. However, I will continue to respond to posts on this thred. So, as long as it continues to generate interest, I will keep up with this thred up-to-date as well. Hope this answers your question :)
  • beckyburks
    Options
    I completed Week 6 Run 3 last night. We made it the whole 25 minutes. I'm so proud of myselft. I would have never dreamed that I could push myself this far. I think we are getting close the 5K mark. I'm going to drive off my route soon.

What are your favorite songs to run to?
  • jvinmill
    Options
    Hi Becky,
    I ran W6 D3 tonight and I too made it the whole 25 min. This was the longest distance I ever ran in my life as well as the longest time I ever spent running without stopping. BIG NSV tonight! Including my warm up and cool down distance I officially completed a 5K in the 35 min!!
    Right now the number one song on my running playlist is Moves like Jagger!!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I saw this thread in the "My Topics" session, so I decided to check in...GREAT JOB! It is amazing what can happen when we get passed the "I can't" mentality and push ourselves a little more. I never thought I could get past those 5 minutes runs myself...now if weather permits this weekend I'm going to try for a 9 miler. So stick with it, you are doing GREAT!
  • beckyburks
    Options
    That's awesome that you hit the 5K mark. I made it also. Feels great. I'm listening to Moves Like Jagger, too. One of my favs is also Ignition by TobyMac. It pumps me up during my run.
    I'm going to run my first 5K on the 24th this month. Can't wait.
    @BobbyDaniel - Thanks for the encouragement. Good luck with your 9 mile run. That's awesome!