PCOS

Options
Hi,
Is there anyone else here have PCOS ( poly cystic ovary syndrome)? I was looking some tips on how others are managing their insulin resistance. Any helpful tips would be appreciated.

Replies

• margypan
    margypan Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS also. I was diagnosed when I was 13 or 14 - that was 13 years ago. I've been on and off different medications and time periods where I ignored it's existence and went off medication entirely. My husband and I want to start trying to have a baby next year, so I'm taking care of it and trying to rid myself from some of this weight so my cycles will regulate again for fertility purposes.

There are TONS of people on here with PCOS. Do a quick search for PCOS using the search tool and you'll see what I mean. It is possible to do this with PCOS!!! Add me if you was some support from a fellow cyster. Also I'd also recommend you have a look around soulcysters.com. There's a board there dedicated to all kinds of women with PCOS (since it's not all the same for every one of us). And there's also a wealth of info on that site through articles and such. Good luck! :)
  • springfan
    springfan Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi, I also have PCOS. I have been following a low GI diet (recommended by by endocrinologist). I am also on Metformin for my insulin resistance. Between those two things and working out at the gym, I have lost a lot of weight, and the symptoms of my insulin resistance are decreasing.

4329776.png
  • freeloaves
    freeloaves Posts: 281
    Options
    Hi, there's a few threads and groups about PCOS if you search it :)