when to weigh yourself?

Options
it seems I should start weighing myself. Should I do it before or after working out at the gym? (we don't have a scale at home...perhaps we should get one?)

Replies

• amandawm
    Options
    it seems I should start weighing myself. Should I do it before or after working out at the gym? (we don't have a scale at home...perhaps we should get one?)
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Info found on your MY HOME, under CHECK-IN

Weigh Yourself
    To help track your progress, you should record your weight periodically. We suggest once a week because your weight fluctuates daily due to uncontrollable factors like water. Try to always weigh yourself at the same time of day - we suggest early in the morning before breakfast.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    i would buy yourself a scale for home if you are able to spend the funds. it's best to weigh in first thing in the morning after you go to the bathroom and before eating or drinking anything. also, try to just weigh in once-twice a week because weight does fluctuate daily and it's easy to become scale obsessed.

if you are unable to spare the money, i would weigh yourself before working out so that you're not all damp/sweaty. also, i know when i work out, i consume hefty amounts of water which could also impact the scale.

also, if you are able or already have a measuring tape, that tends to even be better than the scale. Measure waist, hips, etc and follow those.
  • TaraJ16
    TaraJ16 Posts: 304
    Options
    if you can get yourself a scale its best to weigh in the morning before you've eaten/drinken anything and after you've gone to the bathroom.

if you're using the scale at the gym always weigh yourself BEFORE you're workout.

i'm a member of curves, and was told that its best to weigh before because afterwards you've built up your muscle mass, and you've drinken a lot of water...this will impact the scale therefore its best to do it beforehand