What to eat

Options
What kind of foods do you eat to lose weight?

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    I try to focus on the foods in the perimeter of the grocery store: fresh fruits, fresh vegetables, lean means, eggs, yogurt, and minimally shop the aisles of the store where there are way too many processed foods. If you just cut out processed foods (white flour, white sugar) you will see an amazing difference in not only your weight loss but how you feel.
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I love Chobani plain greek yogurt. There are flavors, but I'm pretty obsessed with the extra calories. It takes a while to get used to eat plain greek yogurt, but you can transition yourself by using a sweetner for a week or so if you don't want the extra calories.

I love lots of chicken, egg whites, whey protein, almond milk, seafood, veggies (I eat only green veggies). Sorry, no fancy convenience foods for me. :) I eat boring so I can look hot.
  • luvbwfc
    luvbwfc Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I focus more on staying within my calorie allowance than exactly what I am eating.

That said I do try to avoid white carbs and to eat more veg and protein.
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Hi! welcome to MFP.

As some of the other posters have said fresh produce is a great start, fresh fruit and veggies, lots of em. Dairy like yoghurt and eggs. Lean proteins, like chicken breast or fish and complex carbs like wholewheat pasta, brown rice and whole grain breads bread.

Have a look around at some peoples diaries for good ideas!! :)
  • Naomi_84
    Naomi_84 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I eat everything I would usually eat but smaller amounts and learn to cook if you don't already, eat fresh food, wholegrain pasta and bread, lots of fruit and vegetables. Nothing needs to be completely off bounds, see if you can view some peoples diaries for inspiration. Good luck
  • fitsize12
    Options
    You've got lots of good advice coming in. I would say to start with eat less of what you normally eat and move more. It will not seem so drastic and you are more likely to stick with it. Gradually introduce more of the healthy stuff and cut out the crap. As the slimmer fitter you starts to appear hopefully you will have a lifestyle routine you can then stick with it. Good luck.