Calories vs hunger

Options
hi, according to the BMR thing im supposed to be eating like 1200 calories a day. What happens if i havent reached the target but im full?
is hunger (or lack of) a reliable indicator of whether to eat or not?

Replies

• pinkdalmation
    Options
    hi, according to the BMR thing im supposed to be eating like 1200 calories a day. What happens if i havent reached the target but im full?
    is hunger (or lack of) a reliable indicator of whether to eat or not?
  • jacmiley
    jacmiley Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Holy crap ... how do you not reach 1200 calories?

I feel fat now :grumble:

All I can say is that you should eat your calories because if you don't you will slow down your metabolism.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    No it's not always a good indicator. They way I stick with my calories is to plan ahead. They 1200 calories probably isn't your BMR, but the calories that you need to consume to lose weight. 1200 is the lowest amount of calories you should consume. If you go under that consistantly your body will go into starvation mode and it will be impossible to lose weight. I try to just eat 6 meals a day with around 200 calories each. If I go over on one meal I go under on the next. Hope this helps
  • pinkdalmation
    Options
    Ooh okay. I usually just eat whenever Im hungry, but the past couple of months I've been fed really well by my man (hence the quick gain) - im pretty sure I went way over 2000 calories a couple of months back cos he just kept feeding me!
    Im more of a nibbler, can never finish big meals but i get hungry pretty quick... ive been told to cut out the supper but when i get off shift at midnight and sleep at 3, its kinda hard.