P90X n00b

Options
I've had the dvds and pullup bar for a while and have now even ordered the bands. I keep thinking that Monday will be a good day to start. My mind keeps questioning me though, "How you going to 'bring it' 90 days in a row?"

Probably I am just over thinking it and should just start and go for it. I mean others can fit it in between kids and jobs and families and whatever so why couldn't I, right? I suppose I shouldn't look at the whole elephant and just take it one bite at a time...

:cry:

Replies

• anjelyc23
    anjelyc23 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That right! Just do it! One day at a time.
  • Starleng1
    Starleng1 Posts: 142
    Options
    Yes, just jump in and do it. One day at a time. If you can't do the whole dvd in one session, break it up. 1/2 in the morning and 1/2 in the afternoon. Just go for it.
  • jennyfair24
    jennyfair24 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Thats exactly right...just take it one day at a time. The 90 days really does go by quickly. My husband and I did two rounds of it. We have 3 kids, we home school, work and run a home based business. After the first week, it'll become part of your routine. You can totally do it!! Make sure you take your before pictures...you'll be blown away at the changes in your body in 90 short days :smile:
  • kwhitex6
    kwhitex6 Posts: 12
    Options
    GO FOR IT!!!! What do you have to lose? Just Push Play :) Just take it one day at a time , dont think about 90 days. I just started P90X one week ago- wow, hard stuff didnt even finish each DVD and did watch what I ate and have lost 5 lbs. WE also have 5 kids and run an in-home childcare business 12 hrs. a day- I cant even fit my work outs in till after 9:30 pm but whatever it takes- Give it a shot. GOOD LUCK!!!!
  • JeffGDDG
    JeffGDDG Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the support and especially the inspiration.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Really? 90 Days is nothing, how many days do you have left in your life - and you want to overthink 90 of them. Make it the first day of the rest of your life - and view it as day 1 of 10,000,000 not day one of 90. You will want to keep going after 90 days so it's nothing. Just push play and do it for you.
  • JeffGDDG
    Options
    Not so sure I have 10,000,000 days left.

:tongue:

But i hear ya.
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    One day at a time and as Tony says, KEEP PUSHING PLAY! My best advice is to set aside 1 hour a day, the same time every day and DO IT! Make it like an appointment or like going to work everyday. Routine is huge key to success.
    Good luck and we're all here to support you! :)
  • DavidRSM
    Options
    You can definitely do it.. and if you give it the right focus and attention, it will totally change your body. Just make sure to improve your eating habits too, that will contribute to the majority of your results.

I've done it now 2 times (along with other programs).. and while it's now a lifestyle, I started out just focusing on the 90 days.

I think that mentally, it's better just to take it 1 day at a time, and focus on the week ahead but keep in mind that your in this 90 day program and you need to stick to it as much as possible. This sense of commitment really helped me. I went out of my way to make sure I got my workouts in.. even if it was at midnight. I took it on vacation, etc. The only time I missed a few days was when I got sick.

As you probably already know, tracking what you eat helps ALOT so make sure to do that. Targetting 40% protein, 40% carbs and 20% healthy fat on a daily basis is the ideal way to lose body fat!

Let me know if you have anymore questions, I'd be happy to help.
  • JeffGDDG
    Options
    Thanks. I'm getting psyched!
  • Ladypuma
    Ladypuma Posts: 14
    Options
    Wow I've heard so much about it and really have wondered if I should try it. From what everyone has said I might have to set aside some money and buy it! Let me know how your doing with it!! Good luck!!