1 Month on MFP, 16 pounds GONE!

Options
kelleman1
kelleman1 Posts: 148 Member
I've been using the MFP ticker for a while, but I didn't start logging my calories on MFP until July 25. I had a bad morning and stepped on the scale and saw 200 lbs - a number I told myself I'd never see again. I never wanted to admit that I needed to count calories, and I've never done it before, I thought it would be too hard. But I decided that enough was enough, and that I was changing my life TODAY. Ever since then, I've logged on MFP every single day. I tend to be an over eater, but not anymore! MFP is helping me overcome that addiction. I'm not on a diet, I'm changing the way I eat for life! :)

Today I weighed in at exactly 184.0 lbs, which means I've lost 16 lbs in the last month! I don't really see much of a difference myself yet, but 16 lbs IS a big difference! I know the coming months won't be so productive, but seeing such a huge loss in the first month has given me hope that I will beat this this time around.

I'm ready to feel like my old self again!

Replies

• smudger_24
    smudger_24 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Well done, you have had a great strt to your weight loss, keep it up x
  • awiggins1090
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • mefeight1964
    mefeight1964 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    That's AWESOME!!! You're on the right track to gain long-term control over your eating habits and health. Keep up the great work!!! :)
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! Keep up the good work! :flowerforyou:
  • m_erira
    m_erira Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Great.. 16 is a huge steps to a changing life process.. thank you for sharing
  • abbandmegmom
    Options
    That's great!!!!! Keep it up!
  • SusanRenee35
    SusanRenee35 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I had a small set back & now that I am back on track I am sooooo much happier! This is also a need for me!
    16 lbs is alot!!! put 16 blocks of butter into a shopping cart & that is what u have lost!
    Congrats to you! Your goal is near! :)
  • bayerngirl
    bayerngirl Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! Keep up the good work!
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's a great accomplishment! Good for you for having that 200lb limit in your mind and sticking to it!! Too often we (ahem...me) have a limit like 200 lbs, then stop getting on the scale, for years. Before we know it, we're not only 200 but a lot more.

Hoping you have continued great success with this site, it really is a great resource.
  • NicolaJane1313
    Options
    Good for you! What a nice motivator! Keep it up :bigsmile:
  • phatsoslim
    phatsoslim Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you! Keep up the GREAT work!
  • maskins
    maskins Posts: 5
    Options
    Wow! You should be very proud of yourself- it took allot of discipline to lose those 16 lbs! Be proud of yourself and remember

Calories in means calories on your body unless you exercise to NOT let that happen.
  • TiffanyA2008
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss!! You should take your measurements and some pictures of yourself from all angles (front, side, back) and that will really help you see what differences your making. You've done an awesome job!! Keep it up :)
  • ellumi
    ellumi Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I agree about pics and measurements, it can be way motivational to see your progress this way!

Great job and great attitude!! Keep up the good work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!