...*sigh* i think i wasted an entire month.!

Options
Its been a month and Ive only lost a half pound! Im so frustrated! But, I think I brought it on my self. After browsing a few websites, I think my calorie deficit was too low. Over the last month, I realized my average NET calories totaled between 900-1100 pounds, and some days between 700-800. I set my daily calorie goal to 1500 but I would expend about 500-600 at the gym 5 days a week yet only eat a total of 1200 calories. I assume if I ate more, I would lose more. I need some motivation, extremely discouraged. I feel a whole month of eating RIGHT and exercise made no difference at all. I usually dont look at the scale. I havent in a month considering it's my nemesis, but I only checked it yesterday because my mom made a comment that I'm losing weight. But, when I checked, Ive only lost .5 pounds. Major bummer.

Replies

• meowow
    meowow Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Don't let it discourage you! Do you notice a difference in your body? Did you take measurements? I definitely saw measurements change before I saw numbers on the scale change.
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    same! The scale HATES me, The feeling is mutual! Take measurements, any loss is better than nothing :)
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    1. Eat more, but you know that already
    2. The scale is an evil b*tch, take measurements. They show your progress much better than the number on the scale.
    3. You have made progress in making your body healthier and stronger through your exercise. It wasn't a waste, just a blip in your lifestyle change process.

Keep it up and remember to keep adjusting as your body adjusts.
  • adventuring
    Options
    You could also be losing inches but not weight due to water retention by your muscles to repair tearing and possibly some slight muscle growth. If your mother commented on something, I'd bet that's what happened. I'd take measurements and not worry about the scale right now.
  • omg_wtf
    omg_wtf Posts: 4
    Options
    Muscle weighs more than fat. I know weight is weight, but I'm sure you rather be a thin looking 200lbs than an overweight looking 125lbs. Like they said, stay off the scale & make the measuring tape your friend :-)
  • rine007
    rine007 Posts: 6
    Options
    Don't believe at the number on the scale... When I weighed in, the scale showed me that I gained weight, but, when I checked at my body, I believed I lose weight not gain... Maybe I gain some muscle, and lose some fat... That's why my number on scale go up... Because my body fat % is around 15.9% to 16.6%, so that's why I believed the number go up due to the muscles...
  • Kayjdicaprio
    Options
    I agree, my scale literally had dust on it until my mom said something! ugh! evil woman, jk =) I think my biggest downfall was NOT eating back my exercise calories. Logically it make sense to set a goal at 1500 calories, burn off 500, and leave the NET at 1000 for the day but apparently, I've got it all wrong.