schedules!!

Options
just wondering what everyones day to day schedules are?

i cant seem to find the time to do anything :(

between cooking, cleaning, working, studying, exercising & sleeping!

im constantly tired, im talking 24/7 here... and all i want to do after work each day is sleep! Im too tired in the morning to prepare a proper breakfast, although i am getting a little better. As for exercise, im not doing too much of that at the minute...

So basically where do you find all the time to do these things? Do you have a set schedul, allow yourself a certain amount of time etc to get stuff done?

any advice/ help would be great :)

Replies

• kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I wake up at 4:47am and I am at the gym by 5:15am. I work out until 6:20am, jump in the shower and head to work.

I get out at 4:30 and I am home by 5:00pm. I workout for 25 mins (30DS) and the rest of the evening I devote to the husband and our baby.
  • Amber393
    Amber393 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    When schduled to work I work a split shift from 9 am - 1 pm, off four hours, and work again from 5 pm to 9 pm.

I'm still trying to figure out the time management/get everything done thing.

All I know is i'm tired now more so then I've ever been.

I'll be seeing what other people say!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I work full time, am studying, run a household and I have time to work out. I get up early in the morning and go to the gym. then my workout is done...no excuses.

Do you have time to sit and watch TV? Then you have time to exercise.

Make it part of your schedule. Plan on it and just do it.
  • tammyeischen
    Options
    I get up at 5:30 and get myself and the baby ready.
    I leave at 7:00 to get to work by 7:30 (hubby takes the baby to daycare).
    I get off work at 4:30 and if I didn't workout on my lunch hour I will workout after work and the hubby will pick up the baby.
    If I workout on lunch, I'm home by 5:15 after picking up the baby. If I workout after lunch, I'm home by 6:30.
    If I'm working out after work, I try to put something in the crockpot for dinner.
    My evening consists of taking care of the baby and housework usually and hopefully I'm in bed by 10 or 10:30. :)
  • nikkicarter13
    nikkicarter13 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I get up around 5 and head to the gym from about 5:45-7:30. Head to work from 8-4:30 and home by 5. I usually do stuff around the house from 5-6, then eat dinner. I play sports so some evenings I have games that last a few hours. If I don't have a game I will go for an evening run (~30 minutes) or play tennis/golf with my husband. I try to devote an hour to studying when I can at night. And I try to get to bed by 9:30-10.
  • NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    When I am that busy, I have to have a strict schedule. I just got out of school, so I no longer have to study or take classes, but when I was (two weeks ago), this was my schedule.

Work 7-4 (or 5), gym 4-5:30, homework/school (5:30-8:30), my husband made dinner when I had class/homework, the other nights, I made dinner. Then straighten up the house a bit before bed, and go to bed. It was busy, but if you get into a routine, you will be able to do it all.
  • orleansmith
    orleansmith Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I've been getting up at 4:30 (ish), finish packing my breakfast and lunch, and drive to the gym (about 45 min away). I have gym time from about 6-7 then shower and dress, work 8-5, drive the 45 miles back home (usually get home a little after 6), start dinner, unpack my stuff and wash my dishes, eat dinner and watch a show, then start putting things together for the next morning (start putting together my lunch, what I'm going to wear to work, etc).

I am going to try and use the weekend for preparing some meals for the week so cooking dinner isn't such a chore - right now I'm not eating until about 7-ish. Preparation is the key to my weekday schedule. Otherwise I feel as if I'm rushing around and that makes me more tired.
  • tristahenry
    Options
    I get up at 6AM. Take the dog for a 20 minute walk and have small pre-workout snack while I'm walking, then workout (either a video, run, bike ride, etc) until 7. I have mastered getting ready for work, shower included in 20 minutes. Then I eat a quick breakfast and pack my meals for the rest of the day. I leave the house for work at 7:45, work until 3:30 then head to class. I have class from 4:45 to 7:30ish. I get home, have a quick dinner and some down time with the hubby and get to bed (hopefully) by 10. House work, errands, grocery shopping, socializing & homework are saved for the weekends or lunch breaks. If I don't have class I try to get in an extra walk or play time with the pup or do a longer workout in the afternoon. Sundays I spend a few hours cooking for the week so I don't have much to do during the week. Huge fan of a whole roaster in the crock pot btw~

And no, I'm not that structured, I don't successfully complete this schedule every day but it's a goal. Sometimes I just want to sleep in.
  • crazytxmom
    crazytxmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm up at 5 to spend 20 to 45 minutes working out. Then it's time to shower, dress, get the kids up, pack lunches & everyone's out the door by 7:10. I work from 7:30 to 4:30, home by about 5. Then, depending on the day it could be volleyball, piano, guitar or Girl Scouts for the kids, and, of course, homework (which I now hate more than when I had to do it). Dinner is squeezed in there somewhere. It's usually from the crockpot or something I cooked over the weekend to be reheated during the week. The kids are in bed by 9:00 and I clean, pay bills, prep for tomorrow and get to bed by about 10:30.

Good luck working out the schedule that works best for you!
  • everyoung
    everyoung Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I get up at 6 am everyday to walk with our dog first, come home in about 40 minutes to wake up my kids for school. I start to cook when the kids getting ready upstairs. When they come down to eat, I go upstairs to take shower and get ready for work. My husband gets up 5 minutes before he needs to take the kids to school, by this time I'm taking off with a fruit in my hand for quick morning snack.

Work all day, walk during my lunch. pick up the kids from school, go home and finishing clean up the mess from morning, walk the dog again and come back to cook for my family while the kids still doing their homework. When meal is ready we eat, when done, I clean up while the kids either finshing up their homework or maybe watch a little TV. By the time I'm done, I take the kids upstairs to get ready for bed. When the kids are in bed, I walk our dog one last time for the day.

Dog is in bed, I'm upstairs clean up and lay in my bed, read a little or watch tv for a few minutes; don't worry, I normally passout before I realize it. I do this 5 days a week and exactly the same on Saturday except I don't have to wake up the kids, not a school day but because I have to go to work to make up enough hours (40hrs) in order for the family to have health insurance. I try to eat healthy but not all the time, I take all my vitamins, fish oil, and iron everyday to keep me running. I loose some but then gain some. I thought about taking better care of myself but my kids are more important now. LIFE!!!!!!
  • lmbame905
    lmbame905 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I work full time, 8:30-5 Monday-Friday. I get up at 4:35 some days and 5am some days. I take classes at my gym monday-friday and rest on the weekends, or do a light activity. I've started walking with some office mates at work during lunch for about a half hour. I'm also a mother of two. I get sleepy pretty early in the evening, but I've got lots of energy during the day!!
  • Losin_N_2018
    Losin_N_2018 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I heard once . . . "If you say you don't have any time, turn off the tv." Since I heard that I have been trying to turn off the tv & do other things needed around the house. It's working. My moto: Keep trying until something works. I am about to start working out on my lunch hour.
    I get up at 6 am, get myselft ready, get my son up & moving, get husband up, make lunches (son & I), make breakfast, out door by 8 am, husband take son to school. I'm at work by 8:30. Work out 20 - 30 minutes at lunch. Leave work at 5:30, get home at 6pm. Leaves me about 3 hours to cook, eat super, showers, & pick up a little around house. Aim to be in bed between 9-10 pm.

I use to feel very tired all the time. In the past several years I have discovered that I have PCOS. Which weight is harder to loose with PCOS. Recently I have discovered my balance that makes me feel overall better during the day . . . at night I take a PC pill (for PCOS), multi vitamins, & melatonin (a herbal over the counter that helps you sleep).

Like my moto . . . Keep trying until something works :-)
  • tristahenry
    Options
    I get up at 6 am everyday to walk with our dog first, come home in about 40 minutes to wake up my kids for school. I start to cook when the kids getting ready upstairs. When they come down to eat, I go upstairs to take shower and get ready for work. My husband gets up 5 minutes before he needs to take the kids to school, by this time I'm taking off with a fruit in my hand for quick morning snack.

Work all day, walk during my lunch. pick up the kids from school, go home and finishing clean up the mess from morning, walk the dog again and come back to cook for my family while the kids still doing their homework. When meal is ready we eat, when done, I clean up while the kids either finshing up their homework or maybe watch a little TV. By the time I'm done, I take the kids upstairs to get ready for bed. When the kids are in bed, I walk our dog one last time for the day.

Dog is in bed, I'm upstairs clean up and lay in my bed, read a little or watch tv for a few minutes; don't worry, I normally passout before I realize it. I do this 5 days a week and exactly the same on Saturday except I don't have to wake up the kids, not a school day but because I have to go to work to make up enough hours (40hrs) in order for the family to have health insurance. I try to eat healthy but not all the time, I take all my vitamins, fish oil, and iron everyday to keep me running. I loose some but then gain some. I thought about taking better care of myself but my kids are more important now. LIFE!!!!!!

You are a rockstar! And it sounds like hubby needs to pitch in a bit so you get a little more you time? Maybe one of the walks for the pup or some cooking or dishes?
  • everyoung
    Options
    busy!
  • rizzored
    Options
    I know I am really new at this but the best way to do anything for me is to be prepared. I am a nurse and usually work 8-4, get up at 530am with my kids, they get up and get ready in 15 mins, we eat breakfast together. I will be starting the gym this week and have factored that in. Hense the up so early I wanted my kids to get used to an nearlier rise before I started so it's now routine. So I will be at the gym for 1 hour before work. I take 15 or 20mins with my husband and kids on a wednesday evening and we plan the week. We plan all meals we want, all of our activities, remind of any appointments etc. I shop on Thursday after work. I usually cook any meat for the week (usually chicken or turkey) and refridgerate or freeze until it's meal day arrives. I do laundry and cleaning for only 30 mins in the evening every other day(laundry usually 1 load per day, throw it in when I get home and in the dryer after supper) I spend the evening with my family. My kids go bed at 830pm, I will go to the gym for an hour(it's 24hrs which will be super helpful in the future). Anyway, blah, blah, blah.....the short is preplan, prepare and prebuy.....as an aside it also helps with the cravings!
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I find that a good, hard workout everyday and not missing it gives me the extra energy I need to get everything else done.
    Monday & Thursday- gym early morning, work, gym in afternoon.
    Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday - work early, gym in afternoon
    Saturday and sunday - gym in between household duties and errands.

:-) If I dont exercise I have no energy for everything else.
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Oh and I cook my lunches and prepare meals for the week Sunday nights so I dont have to think about that
  • everyoung
    Options
    [Thanks. I agree with you but I had enough talk with him about this so as long as he brings home the check for mortgage and takes care things I CAN'T DO, my kids are happy to see me everyday, he is a great dad to the kids. I learned to accept a long time ago. :smile:]

You are a rockstar! And it sounds like hubby needs to pitch in a bit so you get a little more you time? Maybe one of the walks for the pup or some cooking or dishes?
    [/quote]
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I wake up at 6:45
    use the restroom and weigh myself lol
    then down stairs for coffee and breakfast computer time(this is my alone time)
    7:15-7:30 the kids are up and need breakfast
    7:45-7:50 quickly get them dressed hair done and bags packed
    8:00am Oldest daughter dropped off at school then drive to the other side of town to take my youngest daughter to preschool
    8:30am doors open for preschool class
    8:45am the baby and I are back home and getting diaper changed and ready for nap time
    9:am I do some kind of workout at home (weather its a video , my heavy bag , wii zumba , or my eliptical )
    around 10am I shower and get dressed
    10:45 I make my lunch
    11:00 get baby up for his lunch / diaper
    11:30 head to preschool to pick my Daughter up
    12:00 Home and makeing her lunch (change baby is needed or play with him while she is eatting)
    12:30 play time with kids (sometimes outside sometimes in)
    1:30 clean up the house
    2:30 pull something out for dinner and get kids ready to pick up DD at school
    3:00 Pick up my DD at school
    3:30 Pick up my Hubby at work
    4:00 unpack bags and start getting ready to cook dinner (and what ever other items need done this is the time moms great multi tasking comes into play lol )
    5:00 dinner time everyone at the table all eletronics are shut off
    5:30 clean up the table / start dishes while hubby plays with the kids
    6:00 I head to the gym for an hour while hubby and kids hang out (he gets all there baths down while I`m gone :) such a sweetie)
    7:00 homework time with my Older daughter then we play until there bedtime
    8:00 Kids bed time (hubby reads a story in one room I read in the other room)
    8:30 clean up house
    9:00 relax with hubby or if he ends up working on something I will watch tv or check online more than my few seconds here and there threwout the day lol
    10:30-11pm Bed

thats my normal day in a nut shell somethings move here and there but for the most part M-F look like that
  • tristahenry
    Options
    [Thanks. I agree with you but I had enough talk with him about this so as long as he brings home the check for mortgage and takes care things I CAN'T DO, my kids are happy to see me everyday, he is a great dad to the kids. I learned to accept a long time ago. :smile:]

[/quote]

I empathize, my hubster is the same and I love him for everything he is and isn't. It's the curse of a good woman to be a superhero.