Plateau..................BUSTED!!!

Options
Hello everyone!
I joined this website just recently and have enjoyed learning and posting to topics of interest. I came here having lost a good deal of weight. I changed my lifestyle completely and then I hit the dreaded.................plateau. I even gained a few pounds. You were all supportive as I asked about eating exercise calories back and so I have made some changes in the last week.

I started "playing" on the mfp website with the minimum 1200 calories and eating back some exercise calories. I was keeping my own food diary on paper (I know, old school). I used to weigh myself everyday, and I will admit it, I would weigh myself at home on the upstairs scale, the downstairs scale and the two scales at the gym. I was making myself crazy that I wasn't losing anything. Then I made the decision to jump right in with both feet into the mfp pool.

I calculated my bmr on the site, calculated losing 2 lbs. per week. My basic calories increased to 1470 without exercise and I started eating some of my exercise calories back. I entered all my meals and all my exercise and even gave myself a weight loss ticker. I stayed away from all the scales (but one) and decided to do one weekly "official" weigh in.

Today was my weigh in day...........1.5 lbs. lost!!!! Yippee! It does work~~~~~~~~~

Replies

• Makay1
    Makay1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!!! Love busting a plateau. Feels good, doesn't it?! :drinker:
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    :smile: Great job!!! I love MFP!
  • vivie72
    vivie72 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    WTG!! I know the feeling. I hit a plateau every 10 lbs or so...can be frustrating!
  • akaChuck
    akaChuck Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Great job! Congratulations and wishing you the best of luck on your weight loss journey.
  • triciap79
    triciap79 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! :o)
  • bgredenbaugh
    bgredenbaugh Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    MFP is my total binky anymore. If I forget my phone (with the app) I start to get the shakes - OK not really, but sort of!

It's such a great tool!
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    good for you!
  • melissabee31
    Options
    That's amazing that you're off of diabetes meds now too. If only more of America could have an outlook like that, we would have less health problems.

It's great to bust the plateau! I am busting through mine by adding more exercise. So hard!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Well done! Smart and effective! :-)
  • hopeful23455
    hopeful23455 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Isn't that awesome how you can actually up your calories and drop more weight?

My mom just had a similar experience. She had been at a plateau for over three months, when I finally got her to try MFP. When the site told her she wasn't eating enough, she was indignant; "How can I possibly lose any weight if I eat 'that many' calories?!?" But, two weeks after upping her calories to the bare 1200 (we think she eating about 700-800 before), she has dropped three pounds, and is so excited.

And, looking at your signature, just wanted to give you a huge congrats on the diabetes management! I'm a Type I diabetic, so I'll be taking insulin for the rest of my life, no matter how 'skinny' I get, lol, but I know that it's a HUGE accomplishment to go from four daily injections down to no meds at all. You should be very proud of that!
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    WHOOT! SO VERY GLAD FOR YOU!!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • TommyWR
    TommyWR Posts: 65
    Options
    Woot Woot!!!!
  • niki1889
    Options
    Good for you! I am inspired by your success. I am a diabetic too and take insulin injections once a day. I really want to get off all the meds - that 's a big motivator. What have you done to help you on your journey? If you want to add me as a friend, we could encourage each other. I could really relate to your story - you give me hope!!!! Keep going!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!