• conniehgtv
    conniehgtv Posts: 309 Member
    almond milk and coconut milk yum,to me the soy tasted funny
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Silk Vanilla Soy Light in my cereal and smoothie. :bigsmile:
  • vlc1979
    vlc1979 Posts: 227
    I used almond milk. I used to drink a lot of skim milk but after some research I didn't like what I found so I stopped drinking it. I only use the almond w/ my kashi cerial and take a caltrate every night to get my calcium back up.
    I love flax milk but has too many sugars. I am not a fan of coconut milk and can't drink soy since I am hypothyroid.
  • I drink real milk or skim. I consider milk a calcium source more than anything hence my preference for real milk rather than soy/rice/etc.
  • I was drinking 2% but when I went home to my mom's last week, she had soy milk and we also bought almond milk. they both tasted creamier than any regular milk and the almond is the best with calories from what I could remember so I think from now on, I'll be getting almond milk for me!
  • I drink skim milk. I tried soy milk once by accident and I almost threw up it was so nasty. My teenagers will drink either skim milk or 2%.
  • Ireshgurl
    Ireshgurl Posts: 559
    I have always drank 2% milk and i'm not sure if i want or should change that. I know i can't do skim because it's just too thin for my taste. So when it comes to the "non cow" milks i have no idea where to start from in figuring out which would fit me best? kwim?? i don't want to go buy something i'm not gonna like, esp since we're on a uber tight budget at the moment.
  • EthanJeremiahsMama
    EthanJeremiahsMama Posts: 534 Member
    Blue Diamond's unsweetened almond milk! 40 cals for one cup and it's really good :)
  • I drink home-made almond, cashew, or soy milk with a little bit of honey to sweeten
  • I don't drink milk at all, never have, just don't like the taste of it, my youngest is the same as me, my oldest drinks skim and my husband drinks 2%. I've never tried almond or coconut milk cause I would hate to waste the money cause I know no one else would drink it.
  • Another vote for almond milk!
    It all depends on what you want to get out of your milk, though. Soy, Almond, Cow, Coconut... they all have their pros and cons. There are a lot of articles out there comparing them that could help you choose what you want.

I personally just like the almond milks taste and texture more than the others, and with the calories and calcium in it, it gives me what I'm looking for.