Need some ideas

Options
Guys I really need to get some motivators .I get down on myself when I don't lose for a few days.I am obsessed with the scales and I know I shouldn't be but I just can't stay away from them .I need to see results

Replies

• awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Guys I really need to get some motivators .I get down on myself when I don't lose for a few days.I am obsessed with the scales and I know I shouldn't be but I just can't stay away from them .I need to see results
  • jacmiley
    jacmiley Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm a competitor so i'm starting a 'biggest loser' contest at work. We'll start in the new year. So far I have had many responses. Maybe you can set something like that up for motivation.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    All I can say is the scale can be the biggest pain in the butt!!

It is only a guideline for weight-loss and should never be used as a true account of how you're doing. I know it's something that produces a number that shows you what is going on and seeing that number go down is HUGE.

However, weighing any more than once a week is just setting yourself up to get discouraged. Your weight is going to fluctuate from hour to hour and day to day based on what is going on and what you have put into it. So, by weighing once a week, you are going to have a much more real number and even then it should only be used as a guideline.

And our body will hit a plateau sometimes, which is usually it's way of taking a break. But if you are doing everything right, it will catch up eventually. Just keep on, keepin on!

And even if the number on the scale isn't moving as fast as you'd like, I bet inches are coming off and clothes will be fitting better and your energy will increase. These are all indications that you are doing things right.

Good luck!
    -Tami
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I'm a competitor so i'm starting a 'biggest loser' contest at work. We'll start in the new year. So far I have had many responses. Maybe you can set something like that up for motivation.

What is this Biggest Loser competition? A friend of mine ran a "Biggest Loser" contest at work (divided by gender) where each person put in $100 at the beginning, and 12 weeks later, "The Biggest Loser" took home all the cash - and my friend won - over $1000! Just an idea... I wish I'd had something like that to motivate me!

And GREAT advice Tam! (as always!)
    :flowerforyou:
  • jacmiley
    jacmiley Posts: 202 Member
    Options

What is this Biggest Loser competition? A friend of mine ran a "Biggest Loser" contest at work (divided by gender) where each person put in $100 at the beginning, and 12 weeks later, "The Biggest Loser" took home all the cash - and my friend won - over $1000! Just an idea... I wish I'd had something like that to motivate me!

And GREAT advice Tam! (as always!)
    :flowerforyou:

Thats like the contest I'm setting up. We're going to put in about 50 dollars. It will last 6 months (we're teachers. so good ending point is june) And whoever has the biggest percentage of loss wins the money. Its great motivation cause I love buying clothes. I'm actually cutoff right now until I go down a size. So if I win I will most likely be down a couple of sizes and will have won 300 or so bucks for shopping.
    That is my kind of motivation!
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options

If it's the TOM, then as long as you don't gain during this time, it means you are actually losing. :wink:

A motivator can be giving up chocolate (just like that, you can do it!) for a while (you set a deadline to it, say Christmas). Or not eating anything at all 2 hrs before you go to bed. Or eating more veggies. I mean, anything that you can use to prove yourself you can do it!

And the pounds will come off, you be sure of that. If not today or tomorrow, if not in 3 days, then surely in a week! Just hang on in there - this is how everyone here succeeded. Not because their pounds came all off in a week. But because they stuck to it!
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone for th words of encouragement!! I needed them because I had a bad weekend with eating.It was my baby girls 2nd birthday and I gave into temptation.I am hoping to get back on board with my exercise program this week.Back to 6 days at least 45 minutes of cardio.Thanks again I know I can do this and I am going to stay away from the scales for awhile
    Ann