Hi! I'm new here.

Brenda_1965
Brenda_1965 Posts: 314 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
I am hoping that this time I will be successful in losing this weight. I've dieted and I've exercised and tried it all. In high school I weighed 140 and was 5'7. I lost 20 pounds once in two months by counting calories. I do believe that I need to count calories and work out three times a week, but working out makes me soooo hungry!:noway:

Replies

• Brenda_1965
    I am hoping that this time I will be successful in losing this weight. I've dieted and I've exercised and tried it all. In high school I weighed 140 and was 5'7. I lost 20 pounds once in two months by counting calories. I do believe that I need to count calories and work out three times a week, but working out makes me soooo hungry!:noway:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member

Welcome, and YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! You will be successful! Counting calories does work, and this is your time to do it.
    :flowerforyou:
  • Dailyveronica915
    Dailyveronica915 Posts: 15 Member
    Hi there! Welcome. This website has really helped me in loosing weight. Everyone here is very supportive. It is important to count calories and if all of us here can do it you can too!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • 4real
    4real Posts: 72 Member
    Hello and welcome, you will find this site to be so helpful, as well as the people here. I am also new to MFP. It feels really good to have supportive people that will help you along your journey. Good Luck and, Yes You Can Do It!!!!!!!:smile:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Welcome and good luck!

And you CAN do this!!

I know that for a fact!!

:flowerforyou:
    -Tami
  • Brenda_1965
    Thanks so much for your support. Last year I was in a big loser contest at my local fitness center. There were six contestants and I came in 5th place. I did, in fact, feel like an awful loser standing on that stage, but the 15 pounds I took off have stayed off now for a year. I'm down 5 lbs and have worked out 3 times a week for 2 weeks now. During my big loser experience I read an article about commonly mistaking feelings for hunger. I thought it was anxiety, but have recently been suffering from some sleep aspiration. In my research I have found that it is caused by acid reflux, which can also cause hunger like pangs in the upper chest. It's going on right now and I know that it will calm down for awhile if I eat, but reflux will follow it. My daughter has a doctor appointment on Dec 22, and I'm trying to get him to double book us. But in the meantime what should I take to get some relief from thinking I am hungry?
This discussion has been closed.