I hate drinking water!!

Options
So the only time I drink water is when I'm working out. it makes me feel bloated and actually makes me hungry instead of full. Does this happen to anyone else?

Thanks everyone for your tips.....I'm a sweet tea drinker. I drink it all day everyday. Lipton homemade tea and I honestly still lose weight without having to do the whole 8 glasses of just water a day. Is it possible that i'm getting my water content when I'm drinking tea?

Replies

• LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    it makes me feel bloated and actually makes me hungry instead of full.

You may be consuming too much sodium. I never got that feeling and I drink average of 7 glasses of water a day.
  • felicityksr
    felicityksr Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I am a Coke-aholic and really have cut them out for the most part for the past month or so. I used to tell people "water rusts your pipes" because I absolutely hated to drink water. I am finding I enjoy it more now.
  • rcb722
    rcb722 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just don't like it because it makes me feel really "big" in my stomach, but it does help me fill up so I don't eat too much. I've gotten in the habit over the last couple weeks to always have a water bottle with me. I bought a SmartWater, 1 liter size, and try to fill it up at least 3 times over the day. It may not taste as great as sodas or juices, but the water seems to really be helping with weight loss as well...which is really what we're all wanting I guess. :)
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Force yourself to drink it all the time for about a week. I bet after doing that, you'll start craving it. It is hard to break into the habit though, I know, but make yourself do it. Water becomes delicious if you give it a chance!!!!
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    chug a beer
  • AliDarling
    AliDarling Posts: 373
    Options
    I hate water. I had to drink 9 lbs a day during my pregancy. 9.5 months >:( eww. it would make me hungry and sick after i drink it. i try drinking tea, even tho that will end up being the same, but i also tried the sparkling water. doesnt really make you sick unless you drink too much. you can get it at wal mart for 67 cents. 32oz.
  • rcb722
    rcb722 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I cut out sodas last November, and I keep thinking, maybe I'll just go back to drinking them...but now it seems like such a time investment I don't want to ruin it! :)
  • Vauny
    Vauny Posts: 6
    Options
    Me too! New product out called Mio. It's a water enhancer, just a little bottle, I think there are 6 different flavors. I easily get in my 8 glasses of water with it. I have a bottle in my car, purse and a couple at home. When eating out, I pull it out of my purse an use it at restaurants. I've got many friends hooked on it just meeting them for lunch and sharing my Mio. I've seen it at most grocery stores including Walmart in the aisle with crystal light. Try it!
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    chug a beer

Absolutely!!! Since alcohol acts as a catalyst it will burn more fat in both sedentary and during exercise.

Just force yourself to drink more water. Once you start drinking it you won't crave sodas or other sugary drinks as much.
  • felicityksr
    felicityksr Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Vauny, I am going to look for Mio in my grocery! Sounds interesting.
  • sunshineshica
    Options
    chug a beer

LOL!! that's the cure for everything :-)
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    chug a beer

LOL!! that's the cure for everything :-)

actually one after a hard workout is not bad for you.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,307518,00.html
  • fstender
    fstender Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Mix it up...I like the Life Waters...on sale this week at Meijer (Michigan) for .$69! Find how you like water....I cant do super cold and i do better with bottled water than from the tap. Also....try putting 8 rubberbands on a glass...take one off everytime you drink a full glass...you"ll be happy taking that last band off!
  • stephbsn
    stephbsn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try propel zero---it's great!