Hi

Options
Well, I'm new to myfitnesspal, and thought I'd say, "Hi."

Yesterday was my first day... I went slightly over my cal. goal, but it was an unusual day in that my hubs and I went out of town to a concert and I ate out 2x. I've never looked at my calorie intake before... It is shocking! I'm hoping to do better!

Wish me luck and determination!

Replies

• jazzkat68
    jazzkat68 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I, too, never counted calories and it is shoking!! Lol! Now, I'm like 'if I eat these 2 cookies, I have to walk this many minutes...' Makes you wake up a bit!
  • academical
    Options
    Welcome aboard!!! I know what a sobering experience it can be!!! When I first came to MVP, all of five days ago... lol. I saw exactly how many calories I was taking in, and I was shocked. Luckily the tools allowed me to balance it all out and plan before I cooked and ate. Stick to it, and you'll do fine! :wink:
  • stormwarning
    Options
    Ha! That's great - " 'if I eat these 2 cookies, I have to walk this many minutes...' " - I love it! This morning when I logged in 2 pieces of toast, I was like... wow. maybe one piece from now on! I'm gonna go run up and down the stairs to burn that second piece back off!! Ha ha!! :)
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! Just remember seeing the calories that you have eaten is a huge motivator.
  • stormwarning
    Options
    Thanks for the welcoming words! Academical - you're so encouraging! Thanks! And Jazz thanks for making me laugh!!
  • sittoojo5
    sittoojo5 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Welcome - you've made the right choice. Great tool for keeping on track. Make sure to get exercise too and drink plenty of water!
  • firefightinflip
    Options
    Welcome!! It is pretty shocking to see the calories in some of the stuff we eat......crazy!! Good luck on your journey and feel free to add me!!