NSV: Who used to be a picture cropper?

Options
2»

Replies

• SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Omigod! I was a newspaper and magazine editor years ago and used to airbrush all the photos of myself that went in the papers. There was one time I was sent off on a walking holiday (free holiday - yeah! too fat to get up the mountains without panting furiously - grrrrrrr!) and there was a pic of me stood next to all these skinny Himalaya-trekking types. I shamelessy took several inches off my waist and slimmed my face, legs and arms with Photoshop. Worst thing was, I sent a copy of the newspaper to my mum who emailed to say how well and slim I was looking. Shame, shame, I know my name...
  • dawnw30
    dawnw30 Posts: 270
    Options
    I just hid or took the pics...can't hardly find any of me through the years :blushing:
  • Brownski860
    Brownski860 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    ***RAISES HAND*****

I'm a CROPPER! All photos must be from the chest up..... and must make sure there was no double chin showing...
    Geez, the effort it took for a picture.....

I'm getting better, at least I'm waist up now!! LOL
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I stand in front of the mirror and practice how I'll smile, and how high I'll hold my chin to avoid the dreaded double.

Also a habitual cropper, untagger, hide behind my kids..... guilty of all of the above.
  • stephr2014
    stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I just try and avoid the camera as much as possible ( I cant wait until I dont have to do that anymore) :frown:
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I'm an untagger

I've only ever been tagged in the WORST possible pictures of me. freakin' a-holes.
  • mrsvatitagain
    mrsvatitagain Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I like that!!! Didnt bother to take any..LOLOL

I took them, but didtn bother to look and when I did, here I am!!!!! WHOAAAAAAAAA, like how did I not know I what size I was and what that really looked like.

I still crop pictures, more face pictures than not when I look at it. I will have to stop that!
  • darla499
    darla499 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    LOL!

What a fun topic!

Geez, I can't remember ever NOT cropping pics ... changing the lighting, elongating my chin(s) into my neck ... ROFLMAO!!

But for the most part, I just didn't take any pictures. I just didn't do it and if I found any of me laying around or in collections, I'd sneak it out and trash it.

Of course there were the group photos that I HAD to be in ... and then I just usually stood behind the other people!

I'm over all the extensive photography tricks and don't crop anymore, but I'm still about 60 pounds away from actually posing or liking to have my pic taken :smooched:
  • ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I have cropped plenty of photos in my time, as well as hiding behind my kids. I did that one a lot.
  • ehlertmartha
    Options
    Some how i stood at different angle seeing which way i looked the smallest or take the picture from a distance, i have manage to learn a great set skill byt learning to hide how big i really am but honestly i dont really know how i do it.
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I'm an untagger

hahaha
  • Minnesnowtagurl
    Minnesnowtagurl Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    i was LOL'ing at everyones comments. So funny to hear people talking about taking 400 pictures then picking the best one. i used to do that same thing and still do and then i would still crop it. LOL
  • srk143
    srk143 Posts: 27
    Options
    Cropper..non tagger..not putting up my pictures....But unfortuatly still am..hopefull yi'll be in the other side soon :(
  • Stefanny91
    Stefanny91 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    cropping, blurring wrinkles darkening shadows for slimmer effect...Taking 5-10 shots maybe more and pickign the most slimming one, refusing to take pictures on really bad days, having mainly face shots of myself and hardly any full body shots of myself, asking people on facebook not to tag me without my approval...Im still doing it.....

But i hope one day to take Full BOddy Shots and not CROP them ....

Kudos to you

I second that
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Umm, yeah. I still am. I'm also a camera-avoiding, hundred-picture-taking, untagger. My husband and I got into a fight at our archery lessons on Sunday. When we got there, the instructor was taking pics. I turned to my husband and said, "Ugh, I do NOT want pictures taken of me." So while I'm up on the firing line, I hear shutter clicks. When I go back, not only has he taken pictures of me, he put them on Facebook. I was freakin' furious. Irrationally so. I can't wait to not feel that way.
  • azheelshock
    Options
    I'm an untagger

Ditto
  • azheelshock
    Options
    I'm an untagger

Ditto

Correction...I allow tags of photos taken before 2004...the last year of the 100's.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!