i feel like i'm blagging people but that's what a forum's fo

Options

Replies

• irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    It's never made a difference to me what time I stop eating. I work at home, til midnight, and I usually don't have my last snack of the night until then, and go to bed a few minutes after.
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I eat whenever I want to- no cut off time. Although most times I end up stopping about an hour before I go to bed.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    You need to fuel your body when it's most active, so let that determine when you eat and when you don't. Not eating after 6pm doesn't make sense if you workout in the evening.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Personally, if I eat something late at night, I wake up STARVING for some reason, so I try not to do that, but we're all different, so do whatever works for you.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Eat when your body tells you too, healthy of course if you follow that rule!
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    3 hours I hear!
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Yeah, what's blagging? :huh:

And I'll echo the "it doesn't matter." The only rule I play by is that I don't go to bed on a full tummy. When I've eaten too late, I can't sleep because my belly is full. So, it usually ends up being about 2 hours before bedtime that I have my last meal.
  • HappyLuna
    HappyLuna Posts: 112
    Options
    I try not to eat past 7pm. If I feel really hungry then I have some fruit. I will have 1 or 2 cups of tea though :smile:
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Blagging refers to wasting people's time. She hopes that she's not wasting peoples time by bringing up this subject matter.
  • AliciaJade93
    AliciaJade93 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    i get a feeling it could be a myth? haha

I dunno i just think if im going to be lying still not doing much for 8-9 hours i'd rather not have that much food in my belly haha, or is that silly??:laugh:
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Blagging refers to wasting people's time. She hopes that she's not wasting peoples time by bringing up this subject matter.

Thanks.

<--- Blonde.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

I dunno i just think if im going to be lying still not doing much for 8-9 hours i'd rather not have that much food in my belly haha, or is that silly??:laugh:

Well being that it's a myth that it does matter...yes it's silly to worry about that.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I usually make sure my last bite of the night is eaten by 7:30pm. I go to bed between 10-10:30 weeknights and midnightish on weekends.
  • AliciaJade93
    AliciaJade93 Posts: 122 Member
    Options

Well being that it's a myth that it does matter...yes it's silly to worry about that.

i think its legit tbf
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Personally, if I eat something late at night, I wake up STARVING for some reason, so I try not to do that, but we're all different, so do whatever works for you.

that is so true, so do I ....I wonder why that is...can some one explain??
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I don't really care what time I eat, as long as I don't fall asleep with a full stomach... it makes me sick when I wake up.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

i think its legit tbf

It's not legit though. I eat MOST times relatively close to bedtime....I've lost 14lbs in roughly the last 45 days or so. It's not doing a thing to me.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    I eat when I am hungry and don't eat when I am not...........No matter what time of the day or night.

That is a myth.

Just listen to your body.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    If I eat sweets too close to bedtime I get weird dreams, so I try to stop snacking about an hour before. But it has nothing to do with weight loss, I just don't like dreaming about completely effed up stuff.
  • mizfrankie
    mizfrankie Posts: 100
    Options
    I have heard you shouldn't eat 3 hours before you go to bed, and when I follow that guideline, I always have good results, so I'd say go with it. :)

Yep! That's what I've heard too. I try to stick with that but sometimes a bit of protein before bed is good if you're a bit hypoglycemic. It helps you from having a really low blood sugar in the morning.