Hey Lu....Introduce yourself....

LuRox
LuRox Posts: 520 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
The title reminded me of a cheer we used to do a LONG LONG time ago. I'm known as the cheerleader. My name is Lu. (My real name is Stephanie, but online my alter ego is Lu). I'm a skinny person trapped in a fat body. But I'm doing something about it. I have been a member of another weight loss site for going on 3 years now but I'm reaching out to different places thanks to CKMama (:flowerforyou: Katrina), so if you can stand my continual jumping, shouting and cheering, and using lots of exclamation points!!!!!! Then I'm the girl for you!

I need to lose about 70 lbs (a little less actually) but I'm not discouraged. I've already kept off 30 lbs that I had accumulated over the years for 3 years I'm good with that....but when I was 18 years old I only weighed 97 lbs. So you can see how my 222 lb body is rebelling now. At 43, My back, knees and hips just ain't holding up so well.

My exercise of choice is hula hooping. I am the hooping queen. If you haven't discovered hooping...come to me, I can lead you to the greatest core exercise EVER!

OK that's Lu...I'm done! Woo Hoooo!!!!!:heart::glasses: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• LuRox
    The title reminded me of a cheer we used to do a LONG LONG time ago. I'm known as the cheerleader. My name is Lu. (My real name is Stephanie, but online my alter ego is Lu). I'm a skinny person trapped in a fat body. But I'm doing something about it. I have been a member of another weight loss site for going on 3 years now but I'm reaching out to different places thanks to CKMama (:flowerforyou: Katrina), so if you can stand my continual jumping, shouting and cheering, and using lots of exclamation points!!!!!! Then I'm the girl for you!

I need to lose about 70 lbs (a little less actually) but I'm not discouraged. I've already kept off 30 lbs that I had accumulated over the years for 3 years I'm good with that....but when I was 18 years old I only weighed 97 lbs. So you can see how my 222 lb body is rebelling now. At 43, My back, knees and hips just ain't holding up so well.

My exercise of choice is hula hooping. I am the hooping queen. If you haven't discovered hooping...come to me, I can lead you to the greatest core exercise EVER!

OK that's Lu...I'm done! Woo Hoooo!!!!!:heart::glasses: :flowerforyou:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Hey Lu - welcome to MFP..

I have the Wii fit and absolutely love the Hula Hoop on the fit. Have you tried it? How does it compare to the real thing? I'm guessing not as intense for the core as you really don't have to keep an actual hoop up on your waist.. LOL

Good luck with your journey - you have landed on a great spot for help and motivation.. :flowerforyou:
  • jenjen84
    jenjen84 Posts: 117 Member
    I used to be able to walk and hula hoop at the same time I could hula hoop for hours and now when I try I can't even do it more than once, what's the deal??
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    I like your spirit Lu! :happy:

Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Hi Lu!!

Welcome and best of luck!!!! :flowerforyou:

:bigsmile:
    -Tam
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    You got the spirit, yeah yeah

Welcome!!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    "We've got the spirit, yes we do, we've got the spirit, how about YOU??????"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Man, I'm such a dork! :blushing:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    'WE'VE GOT THE SPIRIT, YES WE DO....WE'VE GOT THE SPIRIT

HOW BOUT YOU!!!"

:flowerforyou: :smokin:
  • LuRox
    I've got spirit yes I do...I've got spirit how bout YOU!!! Wooo Hooooo

OMG I found some cheerleaders!!! Yeah!!!!! You guys make me feel so welcome!

I have not tried the wii fit...but others I know that have done both say it isn't the same...and my hoop is NOT the kind you buy at wal mart...and I can walk and hoop at the same time...move it sister move it!!!

Woo Hooo
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Hey Lu, So glad to see you jumping right in.

I am really liking MFP alot. :smile:

See you around hopefully in both places.

Katrina:heart:
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Hey,cool, yet another fun person to cheer us up leb.gif when we're all down. Welcome, Lu 999.gif

You'll like it here :flowerforyou:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    I looked at your pictures and your granddaughter is just adorable! BTW, Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Hey Lu! Welcome to "OUR" site! Everyone I have talked to loves it here! I do and it's only been about a week or two. Everyone is so helpful and understanding!!! I used to love hula hooping but now I can't keep one up on my big hips! I was 105 in high school and could do almost anything!! Uuugghhh!!!!!!!!! Good luck here and keep up the cheering! I love cheerleaders!
  • Welcome Lu!
  • LuRox
    Thanks guys for all the warm welcomes here...now maybe I'll contribute on some other threads!:flowerforyou: I love the motivation I can get here!

114527.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Never have i ever been able to hoola hoop!!!!

i dunno i guess i just cant make co-ordinated circles with my hips:blushing:

but welcome anyways:flowerforyou:
  • LuRox
    Jackeh, what you need is an adult sized hoop! Trust me, you'll never ever want to use the walmart kind again!!! LOL

The weight of the adult ones and the size makes the difference. All you have to do is move a little and the hoop does the rest...melts away your waist...I've lost from 44" waist to 40.5" in about 7 weeks.
  • kelhun1
    kelhun1 Posts: 183 Member
    Hello Lu,

Welcome! I too am a hula hoop master! My family all makes fun of me, but I have won many a contest. I can go for hours. The funny thing is, I keep a hoop in my bedroom closet and when my sister went in there to borrow a shirt...she came out all red faced. She thought it was for something kinky :laugh: Now, I haven't figured out how to use the hula hoop in that arena but then again, I was never a cheerleader...

BTW, Have you tried the weighted hula hoops?
This discussion has been closed.