Egg replacement

Options
hey all,

I am having a dabble with veganism and have bought some "whole egg replacement" - it's a powder that you add water to, and ideas what I can use it for?

Thanks!

Catherine

Replies

• jraps17
    jraps17 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    there is a powder but it only works for baking. Ive used tofu crumbled -- they sell this packets of flavoring that adds taste and color to it.
  • jraps17
    Options
    there is a powder but it only works for baking. Ive used tofu crumbled -- they sell this packets of flavoring that adds taste and color to it.

Fantastic is the brand and its called Tofu Scramble mix.
  • CalamityCat
    Options
    That sounds very interesting, I love egg but I do really like tofu too!
  • jraps17
    Options
    yeah i use it often as one of my proteins although the price of it is going up here in the US due to inflation and over regulations of soy crops- thats another forum topic though.

If you are going Veg - look into the Fantastic world foods, they have a bunch of options life falafel, a veggie burger mix and soups.

I always dreamed of a powder egg replacer, i bought the ener-g replacer once thinking i would be able to used it in that manner until i read the box. (i should have read it at the store)...
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    oh! Remind me and I'll message you tonight I have a website with a whole list of replacements! things that are really simple like flour and water or something like that lol.
  • CalamityCat
    Options
    Thanks for your info jraps, I am veggie already but just want to try the next step, and I shall hear from you later with your list!
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Out of curiosity and no disrepect intended...............

Why do people go Vegan to replace healthy proteins and fats (animal products) with fake, processed crap????